Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jan 28, 2023, 10:34 PMWhat are you listening to? I enjoy Casefile quite a bit, I have tried one or two other crime pods and they're OK but not the same. Red-handed was one I tried. Two women comedians, but they make it all about themselves and not the case being discussed and I can't stand that.

The Casefile episodes about the EARONS, Yorkshire Ripper, Moors Murderers and Silk Road were all compelling listening and had me gripped.

Any recs?

There was some Canadian podcast about the disappearance without a trace of an indigenous woman (many such cases...) that was really suspenseful until the final reveal which was them saying they haven't the foggiest who's behind it. That was a letdown. If you're not gonna tell me which truck driver named something like Garrett MacQuarrie assaulted her, strangled her and buried the body in the Manitoba wilderness then what are we even doing here?

I listened to a bit of Casefile a while ago, I remember enjoying a few eps. The most soothing accent.

Though the one I liked even more was Black Hands. It's about a 90s murder case down under, done by a journalist who spent years working on it. I really enjoyed it. Listened to it twice I think. 

American women doing giggly podcasts named something like The Bestest Murder OMG should be consigned to a penal colony in northern Manitoba   

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

@SGR check the Casefile episode on Daniel Morcambe.

Incredible how they caught the killer.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Apr 09, 2023, 03:28 AM@SGR check the Casefile episode on Daniel Morcambe.

Incredible how they caught the killer.

I've added it to my Youtube Watch Later playlist, I'll let you know what I think when I have a chance to listen to it fully.

Quote from: jadis on Apr 08, 2023, 10:45 PMAmerican women doing giggly podcasts named something like The Bestest Murder OMG should be consigned to a penal colony in northern Manitoba   

A bunch of my coworkers are really into those true crime podcasts. I don't get it at all, but then I've never liked media that's just showcasing awful people doing awful things. I'm too squeamish for serial killer stuff especially.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ezra-klein-show/id1548604447?i=1000607306353

QuoteSemiconductors don't just power our phones and computers; they also enable our cars, planes and home appliances to function. They are essential to everything from developing advanced military equipment to training artificial intelligence systems. Chips are the foundation of modern economic prosperity, military strength and geopolitical power.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Apr 09, 2023, 04:32 AM
Quote from: jadis on Apr 08, 2023, 10:45 PMAmerican women doing giggly podcasts named something like The Bestest Murder OMG should be consigned to a penal colony in northern Manitoba 

A bunch of my coworkers are really into those true crime podcasts. I don't get it at all, but then I've never liked media that's just showcasing awful people doing awful things. I'm too squeamish for serial killer stuff especially.

true crime is to podcasts as super heroes is to movies

and that's not a compliment

:laughing:

Only God knows.

Amazing bit about the difference between East Coast hobos and PNW hobos 

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

I just listened to The School of Greatness because Pokimane was the guest on it. I'm a fan of the pod and will listen to it more often.

Working from home I have a podcast a day that I listen to.

Monday - Squadcast
Tuesday - Damn Internet You Scary even though their new eps release every Thursday
Wednesday - Flagrant
Thursday - No Chaser and Here's The Thing

Friday - Thick Threads Podcast

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: Toy Revolver on Apr 09, 2023, 04:49 AMtrue crime is to podcasts as super heroes is to movies

and that's not a compliment

I feel that way about podcasts hosted by comedians.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

There is a True Crime pod called Red Handed with a pair of 20 something English women hosting it. Giggling like little girls and talking about their own personal lives all the way though it.

Boiled my piss. And I only listen to one episode.

Only God knows.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 09, 2023, 03:46 AMI've added it to my Youtube Watch Later playlist, I'll let you know what I think when I have a chance to listen to it fully.
OK time to make a confession.

@jadis replied to my post above yours and I confused your avatar for his and thought it was you so that's why I tagged you with this episode recommendation.

So I may as well recommend it to jadis now.

Sorry guys.

Its a good episode though!

Only God knows.

Quote from: Janszoon on May 26, 2023, 05:02 PMI feel that way about podcasts hosted by comedians.

Podcasts hosted by comedians make up a majority of the ones I listen to but they are really great.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on May 26, 2023, 06:19 PMThere is a True Crime pod called Red Handed with a pair of 20 something English women hosting it. Giggling like little girls and talking about their own personal lives all the way though it.

Boiled my piss. And I only listen to one episode.

I watch a Twitch streamer that focuses on True Crime and she's so good at what she does.

I was this cool the whole time.