Thanks, Lisna, for your sandwich clarification - "a roof...to hold all the flavor down" :) - very clever.  I plan to try that sandwich myself!  I've always liked the contrast of sweet/salty/savory in food. 

And thank you for your encouragement re my return to work.  I was out for many months on disability leave, but with salary continuation thanks to my firm's supplemental benefits program.  Much of my work depends on an in-person presence, so it actually eased my conscience to return because colleagues had to pick up the slack during my absence (and in the run-up to office move all the way across town, no less).  I'm getting around much more easily now, walking with just a cane and a free leg!  I'll miss those personally-delivered breakfasts, though.  :)

veggie smoothie  :guitar:

https://x.com/mindys_stuff_

mindy_meme_agency

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

^ What kind of veggies are in it, Mindy? 🥬

Today is a U.S. holiday; I overslept and didn't put much into breakfast, but had a light smoothie with avocado, silken tofu and a little honey.

I just had a big handful of walnuts and whatever the kids didn't finish. This is normal.

If I'm feeling real dandy on a weekday, maybe I'll add a spoonful of cod liver oil to that :laughing:

Happiness is a warm manatee

Just has my egg and cheese croissants from Dunkin Donuts, my treat of the week :)

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: ribbons on Feb 20, 2023, 08:39 PM^ What kind of veggies are in it, Mindy? 🥬

Today is a U.S. holiday; I overslept and didn't put much into breakfast, but had a light smoothie with avocado, silken tofu and a little honey.

It was one of those pre-made smoothies. I think cucumber, spinach, ginger, apples from what I remember.

more like a fruit smoothie :laughing:

https://x.com/mindys_stuff_

mindy_meme_agency

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Guybrush on Feb 21, 2023, 12:19 AMI just had a big handful of walnuts and whatever the kids didn't finish. This is normal.
If I'm feeling real dandy on a weekday, maybe I'll add a spoonful of cod liver oil to that :laughing:

Whatever the kids didn't finish – usually consists of cold soggy toast and cold hardened scrambled eggs, as I recall.   :)

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Feb 21, 2023, 03:05 PMJust has my egg and cheese croissants from Dunkin Donuts, my treat of the week :)

Do you like Dunkin' Donuts coffee, RS?  Lots of people here swear by it, but I see what the brouhaha is – tastes kind of bitter and watery to me. 

Quote from: Mindy on Feb 21, 2023, 09:43 PM
Quote from: ribbons on Feb 20, 2023, 08:39 PM^ What kind of veggies are in it, Mindy? 🥬
It was one of those pre-made smoothies. I think cucumber, spinach, ginger, apples from what I remember.

more like a fruit smoothie :laughing:

Pre-made but still healthy, I see!  I love just about anything with ginger in it. 

I am finally eating my breakfast now - at 4:48 p.m. EST!  A frenzied morning that lasted through most of the afternoon and not enough time to eat.

Cottage cheese with pineapples, slivered almonds and honey.   And cold toast with peanut butter. 

I eat cottage cheese quite a bit but it is a chore to eat it. It isn't very nice and but I still finish it.

Started eating Skyr ages aho as it is very high in protein and I much prefer that. And you can get it in lots of different flavours.

Its basically a thick, smooth yoghurt from Iceland. 45g protein per pot.

Only God knows.

If I eat cottage cheese, it's usually with some kind of jam, like cherry jam... effectively ruining it as a healthy meal :laughing:

It is boring on its own, even if I like the texture. Skyr is nice!

While on the topic of lactic acid producing bacteria, my whole family has gone kombucha crazy, so we're always producing kombucha now. It's so nice, we quaff it down much faster than we can make it.

Me and my wife have just had a 5 day fast. Yesterday, we were working up slowly to a regular diet. I had steamed cauliflower for dinner. We've had broth. But today's breakfast was the first proper meal and we'd both been looking forward to it for days. And it was everything we had longed for 🥰

My wife baked sourdough buns with pumpkin seeds. I made us perfect cappucinos from freshly grounded beans and also managed to perfect my Ramsay-inspired scrambled eggs. We had fresh orange juice. We had avocados, fresh tomatos, field salad, spring onions, even some radishes.

Here's one half-bun with smoked salmon, scrambled eggs, fresh tomato and scallops. So fricking delish!

So this is one of the meals I'll guess we'll be serving at our future BnB 🙂

Finished the meal with an avocado with lime and a bit of salt and some yummy candied fennel seeds that we bought just for fun.

Now sipping coffee outside in the sun in my deck chair with no shirt on 😎 Yes, it finally got weirdly warm! Loving it ❤️

You can't post that and then not show us. Shirtless pic in the secret nudes thread!

Looks like a very nice breakfast from Wifebrush. I'd visit your BnB.

Only God knows.

I've eaten the exact same thing for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day for over 20 years. It simplifies those daily tasks so I can predict bi-weekly spending to within ><$0.05. Groceries take me exactly 6 minutes once every 14 days. For breakfast I have two cups of banana strawberry yogurt, paired with 14oz of coffee with 2g of stevia and a dash of french vanilla creamer.

When I want to do something special, say, when I'm out with friends for brunch one weekend now and again, I'll treat myself to eggs benedict. That's my favorite. But from day to day, I keep things simple.

(I'm like this all the time.)

^Really? That kinda reminds me of David Lynch 😄

I suspect I'd get very bored, but I'm also a bit of a hedonist.

My breakfast is so boring. Ever since I started working out, I only eat oatmeal and use fruits to sweeten it. If no fruits are available I will eat it plain. I alternate between bananas and blueberries being added to it. I'm going to try adding chia seeds next time I go grocery shopping.

I was this cool the whole time.