While I think of them....

"Walking Spanish" - Tom Waits

"Walk Alone" - Trust
"Walk Through the Fire" - Peter Gabriel

I'll leave yiz alone now...
:shycouch:

Quote from: Paul Smeenus on Jul 06, 2024, 11:36 PMoops, Lexi already posted to Pantera,my bad.

^ HaHa ! You're not the first to make that kind of mistake, Paul. Don't you ave a Gentle Giant "walking" song for us ? ;)

Trollheart's Trust song, Walk Alone, made me think of this song which is super-famous in England as it was adopted as a chant by the fans of Liverpool football team. The song has a message of solidarity in adversity, and is quite moving when sung by a stadium crowd, but here's the original, by Liverpool-born composer, Gerry Marsden:-

(Another poignant gem from Gerry and The Pacemakers was his hit, Ferry Cross The Mersey, and  maybe that fond celebration of his hometown is partly why Liverpool soccer fans chose a song by GM over the more obvious choice of a Beatles song.) 

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Holy Christ on a Yamaha 6500RX racing without brakes down a one-way street! How did we forget YNWA for so long?? That was one of Karen's favourite songs, and yes, it's very true, total emotion punch to the heart when sung by Liverpool fans in full voice, especially at Klopp's last ever game as their manager. Great pick, Lisna! :thumb:

This is from an actual release in Norway. A buddy of mine has the LP.

It's probably the most untalented music I've ever heard that's actually been published on a physical format.

Happiness is a warm manatee

The Bangles again, this time walking down your street. You should be so lucky!
"Walking Down Your Street" - The Bangles

Guitar classic from Gary Moore and Phil Lynott (both RIP sadly)
"Parisienne Walkways" - Gary Moore (vocal Phil Lynott)

And with many, many apologies (I assumed I'd have some country singer version of it but this is all I got) the man who did for the sales of rocking chairs what Prince did for condoms!

"Walk Tall" - Val Doonican (shut up)

#50 Jul 11, 2024, 02:21 AM Last Edit: Jul 11, 2024, 02:57 AM by Lisnaholic Reason: link probs
^ I liked the Gary Moore track, TH :thumb:

I laughed to see that you had the good grace to apologise for posting Walk Tall !! I declined to click on it as I remember what an irritating joke of a song me and my pals considered it to be when it came out. We also didn't take this one very seriously either:-

I wonder who remembers A Walk In The Black Forest by Horst Jankowski ? Did it register in the US charts? IMO it's also kind of irritating.

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 10, 2024, 11:47 PMThis is from an actual release in Norway. A buddy of mine has the LP.

It's probably the most untalented music I've ever heard that's actually been published on a physical format.

^ :yikes: That was quite a surprise !!

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Jul 11, 2024, 02:21 AM^ I liked the Gary Moore track, TH :thumb:

I laughed to see that you had the good grace to apologise for posting Walk Tall !! I declined to click on it as I remember what an irritating joke of a song me and my pals considered it to be when it came out. We also didn't take this one very seriously either:-

I wonder who remembers it? Did it register in the US charts? IMO it's also kind of irritating.
Thanks Lisna. It's a real classic. Yes, I paled in terror when I saw the Val come up, but I couldn't find any other versions so I guess it's what you might call rocking chair rock? No? Well anywya, your video didn't come up I'm afraid, so I have no idea what it is. Maybe check and see if there's another version of it?