"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#31 Jul 03, 2024, 06:32 PM Last Edit: Jul 03, 2024, 06:38 PM by Janszoon
The Mighty Mighty Bosstones—"Seven Thirty Seven"

It may not be obvious from the title, but the first verse of this song describes the walk from Boston to Central Square in Cambridge, where the band had a post office box. It has a special place in my heart because I did this walk many, many times when I was in college in Boston—not to the post office, but to Central Square, because I used to go to a lot of shows there.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Most people only know Philip Bailey from that hit single he had with his namesake from Genesis, but this is a good one where he needs no help from a bald-headed drummer.

"Walking on the Chinese Wall" - Philip Bailey

Can't say I ever gave a toss about this one or the group but it fits in this thread...

The Four Seasons - Walk Like A Man

Yes Frankie Valli was very annoying wasn't he? Kind of odd to write/sing a song called "Walk Like a Man" and sing it in a high falsetto!  :laughing: Sort of like Metallica doing "I'm Every Woman" or something - hey, now there would be a thing to see!  :laughing:  :laughing:

Gotta go back to the classics, and what's more classic than the Man in Black?

"I Walk the Line" - Johnny Cash

^That's a nice song, Trolls. You beat me to it with 'Walk Like an Egyptian' and 'Walk This Way' a couple of pages ago.
So I revert to more fusiony instrumentals (which can in fact go quite heavy. Okay maybe not metal heavy but definitely fusion heavy).

(I'm like this all the time.)

Cheesy hit from the tail-end of the 1970s. Where are those platform boots guys? Come on: you know you want to!

"A Walk in the Park" - Nick Straker Band

Good call on Johnny Cash's song, TH !

Of your two instrumentals, Saulaac, I really liked The Cheshire Cat Walk with its trumpet and its keyboard whistles. :thumb:

Selected for your listening pleasure, here's the best and longest version of Cadillac Walk available on YouTube:-

Honorable Mention : De Ville's Spanish Stroll too, because we don't have a ruling yet on synonyms for "walk". 

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Thanks for finding so many "walk" songs, Psy-Fi  :thumb:
I feel pretty much as you do about Walk Like A Man, and tbh wasn't too excited by that Cure track either: what's your opinion of it ?

Here's short song that I assumed would be called "Together", "Sweater" or something like that. In fact it earns its entry into this thread, though the title seems to have been randomly chosen. Spend 2 mins of your life and enjoy Calvin Johnson not mentioning cats or walking:-

Some people struggle with CJ's voice, but I really like the way this song sounds like he's just sat down to have a chat with you about his ex.
Nice, undramatic, self-depreciating finish as well: What does it matter?

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Jul 06, 2024, 04:19 PMThanks for finding so many "walk" songs, Psy-Fi  :thumb:
I feel pretty much as you do about Walk Like A Man, and tbh wasn't too excited by that Cure track either: what's your opinion of it ?

I hadn't heard that Cure song for many years and I'd forgotten what it sounded like. Wasn't one of their better songs to begin with and it hasn't aged well at all in my opinion.

Nearly forgot this one!

"Walk the Dinosaur" - Was (Not Was)

#43 Jul 06, 2024, 10:03 PM Last Edit: Jul 07, 2024, 12:04 AM by Paul Smeenus
oops

#44 Jul 06, 2024, 11:36 PM Last Edit: Jul 07, 2024, 12:05 AM by Paul Smeenus
oops, Lexi already posted to Pantera,my bad.