Jesse Powell Orchestra with Fluffy Hunter - The Walkin' Blues (Walk Right In, Walk Right Out)

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

^ Nice! That heavily fuzzed-up keyboard (or so I presume it to be) is irrestistible!

Psy-Fi's Walking Blues song instantly reminded me of this total ear-worm song from 1963:-

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Jun 28, 2024, 09:52 PM

Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight

^ This one was much better than I expected, I think because of its natural easy pace, which made me think of a strolling horse.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jun 29, 2024, 12:27 PM

I didn't think I would be able to post this gem. I thought someone else would have clocked it already.

Proclaimers - Im gonna be (500 Miles)

^ ...and this one was a reminder that I really should check out The Proclaimers: I come across them as recommended occasionally, but I know nothing about them.

This song is just for fun really: it has "walk" in the title, but in most respects is a bit of a cheat, not least because I don't think you can technically be said to be walking, if you are floating around in a space suit, pushing yourself along with thrusters.

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

I'm glad to see one of Lisnaholic's threads get some real traction for once. Let's keep this thing rolling.

"Don't Walk Away" - ELO
"Walk on Water" - Marc Cohn
"Walk of Life" - Dire Straits

Nancy Sinatra - These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

#20 Jul 01, 2024, 12:15 PM Last Edit: Jul 06, 2024, 02:02 PM by Psy-Fi
Another walking song from Fats Domino...

Fats Domino - Walking to New Orleans

#21 Jul 01, 2024, 02:20 PM Last Edit: Jul 01, 2024, 02:23 PM by Saulaac
Up there with my favourite Blackbyrds songs.

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 30, 2024, 03:16 PMI'm glad to see one of Lisnaholic's threads get some real traction for once. Let's keep this thing rolling.

^ :laughing: I'm not sure how to take that sting-in-the-tail encouragement, Trollheart, but ...er...thanks!

When you go for a walk, you have to choose your company carefully. For Me? Renee is clearly not interested in coming along, so I'm going with God instead:-

Oh I just meant that it seems to me that the threads you start often tend to either get ignored or fizzle out (maybe I'm wrong but this is the impression I have) and this has taken off, so it's nice to see. No ulterior meaning intended. Look at it this way: at least you're not me! Now there's a thought to keep you awake and sweating at night!!  :laughing:

^ HaHa ! It's true I've started various threads that didn't elicit much response. :(
I know that's happened to you too, but you always have another idea ready to be launched, another idea to keep the forum entertained, and entertaining. :thumb:

Making it easy as this one doesn't seem mentioned yet.

I wouldn't mind Nancy, back in the day, taking a stroll on mah bod.

Happiness is a warm manatee

"A Young Man Walks in Brooklyn" by Sxip Shirey.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Nancy was mentioned (Check with Psy-Fi), but sure on we go.

"Walk On" - U2

Quote from: Trollheart on Jul 03, 2024, 03:18 AMNancy was mentioned (Check with Psy-Fi), but sure on we go.

Dangit.

Alright, something a little more obscure then from Robert Wyatt and Jimi Hendrix.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Jul 02, 2024, 08:08 AMI wouldn't mind Nancy, back in the day, taking a stroll on mah bod.

Hey! It sounds like, at one time, you and me were both members of a small group of just one zillion adolecent boys :thumb:

Here's a real classic that has been overlooked so far :-