It's something almost everyone does, so it's not a bad idea to put something about walking into your lyrics: everyone can relate to it.

Here's a walking song to start with - Isaac Hayes's mega reworking of what was originally a 3 min song:-

How many more walking songs can we as a forum come up with ?
(I'm going to say that "Walk" should to be in the title or the chorus, because there's prob an endless number of songs that have a one-line mention of walking somewhere in the verses.)

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Gotta go with the classics! Plus it's a happy, uptempo, fun tune for summer. Unless you live in Ireland of course. Summer? Oh yeah: heard tell of that once...

"Walking on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves

I've always enjoyed this song, ever since I was a kid. It's funny, even growing up the song always felt older than it actually was; if I was asked to guess when it came out before looking it up I'd have guessed like... 1978 or something, and definitely not 1991. It just has a more classic, vintage vibe to it I guess.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

^^^^^^^^^^
Love that song, Lexi. Great great album too.

You get a lot of walking with the Blues.

"Walking By Myself" - Gary Moore

Back to the classics.

"Walking on the Moon" - The Police

Fats Domino - I'm Walkin'

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Jun 26, 2024, 05:30 PM

I've always enjoyed this song, ever since I was a kid. It's funny, even growing up the song always felt older than it actually was; if I was asked to guess when it came out before looking it up I'd have guessed like... 1978 or something, and definitely not 1991. It just has a more classic, vintage vibe to it I guess.

^ New song, even new artist for me: I'm impressed. :thumb:

I didn't expect there to be so many songs with the word "walking" itself in the title ! We have cities Memphis and L.A. mentioned, so I'm proud to add London to the list. (Thanks to Rubber Soul, who introduced me to this band): 

Seriously? You have never heard Marc's self-titled album? Remedy, post haste. It's a real unknown classic, hardly a bad track in my opinion. Well worth a listen. Highlights for me: "Silver Thunderbird", "True Companion", "Strangers in a Car", "Miles Away", "Walk on Water"...

Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight

There are different ways to walk. The Bangles liked to do so as an Egyptian
Springsteen thought you should do so like a man
while both Run DMC and Aerosmith agreed on the best way to walk.

:laughing: Nicely linked together, those songs, Trollheart !

Lou Reed recommends taking an adventurous approach to walking:-

While Neil Young emphasises the importance of stamina and duration:-

The Ventures - Walk, Don't Run

I didn't think I would be able to post this gem. I thought someone else would have clocked it already.

Proclaimers - Im gonna be (500 Miles)

I was this cool the whole time.