#15 Jun 15, 2024, 06:35 PM Last Edit: Jun 15, 2024, 09:14 PM by Trollheart
Vamos Espana! Half an hour in and it's 2-0!  :love:

And now it's half time and they're three to the good. Viva!

Shock incredible start for Albania who are 1-0 up against Italy after thirty seconds!!!!

Ten minutes later, normal service has been resumed: Italy 1 - Albania 1

The Adidas Hey Jude advert with Bellingham is great.

Only God knows.

#17 Jun 15, 2024, 11:52 PM Last Edit: Jun 17, 2024, 04:57 PM by Trollheart
For those who want to know but can't be bothered checking, I'll keep a list of the scores and who's doing what.

GROUP A
Germany 5 - 1 Scotland
Hungary 1 - 3 Switzerland

Germany currently tops Group A, no surprise there.

GROUP B
Spain 3 - 0 Croatia
Albania 1 - 2 Italy

Spain top Group B, again no real surprise

Tomorrow's matches

Poland v Netherlands (Group D) Expected outcome: hard to say, but the Dutch usually don't let you down. Prediction: 3-2 to Netherlands
Slovenia v Denmark (Group C) Expected outcome: Denmark should win this. Prediction: 2-1 Denmark
England v Serbia (Group C) Expected outcome: duh, talk to JJ! Prediction: 3-0 England

Controversies so far: 1) Croatia get a VERY dodgy penalty against Spain (let's put it this way: it was so soft that had you wrapped a baby in it there wouldn't be a peep out of the baby), penalty was missed but then scored on the rebound, and then chalked off (offside? Not sure; JJ will confirm I'm sure)

2) After a woeful throw by Italy in the first 30 seconds of the match, Albania score an unprecedented and unexpected goal, to not only lead Italy 1-0 (for 10 minutes) but also register the fastest goal in Euro history!

It was for encroachment in the box.

Basically the player who played the assist from the penalty had ran into the box before it had been taken. Correctly ruled out.

Only God knows.

Should never have been awarded anyway. Justice seen to be done.

Okay, since my Serbia shirk shrunk (try saying that after six pints!)  :laughing: I'll ask forgiveness from my ancestors and say COME ON ENGLAND! Well, no, not really - no Irish person could say that. But I'll wish you luck JJ. Should be a cakewalk.

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 16, 2024, 04:54 PMOkay, since my Serbia shirk shrunk (try saying that after six pints!)  :laughing: I'll ask forgiveness from my ancestors and say COME ON ENGLAND! Well, no, not really - no Irish person could say that. But I'll wish you luck JJ. Should be a cakewalk.

Cheers mate really looking forward to it.

I'd be surprised if it was a cakewalk. Very tough side. Draw wouldn't be the worst result in the world.

Anyway I'm ready! Do it for Hastings, for Harry Potter, and for Henry VIII!

Only God knows.

Or close their walls up with our English beer!  :laughing:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Only God knows.

What did you think? I mean, honestly? The goal was class but the performance? Or are you just going to Englishly ignore that and say we won and that's all that matters?

#25 Jun 17, 2024, 12:26 AM Last Edit: Jun 17, 2024, 11:05 PM by Trollheart
TODAY'S MATCHES AND RESULTS

GROUP C
Slovenia 1 - 1 Denmark
England 1 - 0 Serbia

England currently tops Group C, no surprise there.

GROUP D

Poland 1 - 2 Netherlands

Netherlands top Group D, again no real surprise

Tomorrow's matches

Romania v Ukraine (Group E) Expected outcome: Romania are likely to take this one. Prediction: 2-1 to Romania
Slovenia v Belgium (Group E) Expected outcome: Belgium by a mile. Prediction: 4-0 Belgium
France v Austria (Group D) Expected outcome: France all the way! Prediction: 3-1 France

Controversies so far: None today really. We have our first draw of the tournament though, as Slovenia staged a late late show, an unlikely comeback against Denmark to leave with honours even. Oh, and some lunatic was shot by the Police in Hamburg as he was attacking them with an axe. Just, you know, a normal day in Euro 2024! (Nobody was injured - other than him - hence the flippant tone. Representative of the United Federation of Axes and Hatchets were unavailable for comment at time of posting).

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 17, 2024, 12:13 AMWhat did you think? I mean, honestly? The goal was class but the performance? Or are you just going to Englishly ignore that and say we won and that's all that matters?

It's the first group game. I don't give a shit about the performance. The win is all that matters.

Argentina lost their first World Cup game to Saudi Arabia.

Spain lost their first in 2010.

I could post plenty more examples.

It's a marathon not a sprint and Serbia are no mugs.

Only God knows.

Matter of interest, where are you watching the games JJ? So far as I can see, rather amazingly, our own national station, RTE, are the only ones who have all 51 games live. Just wondering. Even BBC have only one match a day, it seems, then highlights, and SKY don't even have highlights! Sometimes, the odd time, it's not so bad being Irish! :thumb:

Quote from: Trollheart on Jun 17, 2024, 04:24 PMMatter of interest, where are you watching the games JJ? So far as I can see, rather amazingly, our own national station, RTE, are the only ones who have all 51 games live. Just wondering. Even BBC have only one match a day, it seems, then highlights, and SKY don't even have highlights! Sometimes, the odd time, it's not so bad being Irish! :thumb:

They're all on either BBC or ITV. I'm looking forward to seeing France later. None of the big hitters have lost yet. Maybe this is the one  8)

Only God knows.

@Trollheart

Did you see the France match? Mbappe broke his nose. Looked a bad one too, like something out of the UFC. Nose was moved across his face. French FA have confirmed it is broken (you could see that anyway) and he will be going for surgery.

So I'd guess best case scenario for France is he is back for the knockouts with a protective mask.

Only God knows.