I guess I can talk about non-album releases here too so here's a single from Arca

Arca - Hips Don't Lie (2014)

Genres: Deconstructed Club, Latin Electronic

Deconstructed Club being one of my favorite genres, this was one of the first songs in the genre I really dug.  It's a remix of a Shakira song by the same name, and has this dark atmosphere pervading it as well as these high pitched vocal samples.  All laid out over an excellent latin electronic rhythm, it scratches my brain with a sense of high alert or warning in an apocalyptic fashion.

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I will talk on one more song today, a symphony of misfiring synapses.

DJ Yung Bukkake & Total Freedom - Bone Structure File (2010)

Genre: Deconstructed Club/Epic Collage/Chopped and Screwed

This is one of the most game changing songs in music, sure there was industrial dance before but never in this fashion.  The earliest material that exemplifies modern club mixing with industrial would be this or MIA's M A Y A album.  A droning r&b vocal sample sets the mood early for it to be changed every few seconds with these laser sounds in the first run and then a slowed down crunk song to put a name to a few sections.  And does it change!  Truly a masterpiece of the DJ profession.

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

QuoteDJ Yung Bukkake & Total Freedom - Bone Structure File 

wow - it took me a minute to get around to it but that is one of the coolest things i've ever listened to

thank you and keep the hits coming

Excellent writing on all these cool records. I was especially intrigued by TRUSTcompany - definitely gives me a nostalgic rush. Keep 'em coming.  8)

Hi I'm back let's do an album for pride month

Various Artists - The House of Cutting

Genres: Ballroom, Latin House

If you have ever heard a ballroom song you have probably heard Masters at Work's classic house track, "The Ha Dance", which is featured in plentiful (if not most even) ballroom songs.  The distinction of this track is that it features a ha chant and has a recognizable runway ready rhythm.  The rest of the tracks on this album are somewhat more latin house leaning, but still feature similar beats and some even having the chant from "The Ha Dance" included.  This all to say the only song that has ever mattered is clearly "The Ha Dance" it's just so energizing slay and memorable.

Bonus track (ballroom adjacent)

Bejalvin - Bejible

Genre: Industrial Hip Hop/Brostep/Deathstep

An extremely fun album composed of quirky sounds, snappy hyperreal drums, perfectionism-ist songcrafting, and conscious yet playful lyrics.  If this sounds like 100 Gecs in a way to you, you wouldn't be wrong... until the second track.  It segues quickly after the opener into a hellscape of layered drums and harsh brostep sound design that is paired with lyrics ranging on topics like swag, death, feminism, and nonsense.  The closer is a wonderful track that emulates Beastie Boys but has more modern production and decidedly nerdier lyrics.  I recommend this for fans of fun music.

Vantana Row - Vagina

Genre: Cybergrind/Digital Hardcore

This has to be my favorite band now, been a listener for around 2 years or so but finally saw them live in March and befriended them.  They are excellent people full of energy and positivity and excellent takes on the state of the scene.  Recorded, they take their music in various directions, and when I say various it's like often huge changeups every few minutes or even seconds that speaks to my ADHD brain in ways other music has never fully reached.  If u ever wanted to hear queered crunkcore this is the band for u.  Idk I have so much I could say about them but instead you should just see for yourself.

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Oct 07, 2023, 07:04 AM
Vantana Row - Vagina

Genre: Cybergrind/Digital Hardcore

This has to be my favorite band now, been a listener for around 2 years or so but finally saw them live in March and befriended them.  They are excellent people full of energy and positivity and excellent takes on the state of the scene.  Recorded, they take their music in various directions, and when I say various it's like often huge changeups every few minutes or even seconds that speaks to my ADHD brain in ways other music has never fully reached.  If u ever wanted to hear queered crunkcore this is the band for u.  Idk I have so much I could say about them but instead you should just see for yourself.

This stuff bangs. I had a phase in my early college days where I was obsessed with cybergrind, nintendocore, MIDIgrind, etc, and finding obscure bands like that on Myspace.

This band is the closest I've seen anyone come to capturing that vibe since. Thank you for the recommendation!

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Bryfx (formerly Bosyphilis) - Lisa Frank Gang! Gang!

Genre: IDM, Plunderphonics

When my friend Bry told me that they made electronic music and I should check it out, I have no idea what I expected.  But what I received through my ears via that first album (It's Just a Little Hare Down There!) was some really tasty slices of EDM that progressively got more freaky lyrically and less EDM as it went on.  I feel like despite not really being industrial for the most part, my friend Bry has been the closest in sound or theory to the OG deconstructed club artists than many of the more pop/cleanly structured acts that we see today have been.  The album Lisa Frank Gang! Gang! raises the bar even further than the previous releases, and is a combination of really obviously illegal sampling of super popular tracks edited to extract the dark humor within them, and GarageBand-produced drum machines and synths.  It makes for a super weird listen, but one that I assure you that if you're going into it with a fun hat on you will enjoy thoroughly.

The Clash - The Clash (1977)

Genre: Punk ROCK

The Clash has a really good discography, but that's something I could talk for hours about!  Let's begin with the first album... The Clash.  I had heard White Riot first, through the Tony Hawk Underground soundtrack and it's a blood pumpin early punk banger for sure, but I didn't really give the whole album a chance until someone online going by... what was it?  Batlord?  Was talking about Career Opportunities once and the song has not left my mind afterwards.  These are class struggle anthems, and even on their debut it's clear that the band had a lot to say.  Still so weird and cool that in the era it was likely for major labels to have anarchists in their roster lol, but here we were.  Well, at least by their later stuff.  If y'all don't know the story, they had to trick the label into releasing a double album and then topped themselves with the triple album Sandanista!  Which are both incredible in their own right.  But start simple with the first two albums and you will not be disappointed either.  Some PUNK ROCK!!!

Joan of Arc - 1984 (2018)

Genre: Experimental/Ambient/A Capella

2018 was the real 1984 tbh.  This album is really creative, it has these American Folk melodies portrayed by the vocals backed by ambient glitch instrumentation, the lyrics I remember be about a lot of modern social issues, especially that regarding women's rights.  It's really life affirming and shit

Locked Club - stvol.tv

Genre: Industrial Techno/EBM/Electro

Few words j listen now!!!