Mar 28, 2024, 05:23 PM Last Edit: Apr 07, 2024, 01:10 AM by Trollheart

We all know how to play this, right? One letter guess per post per person, and if possible let someone else guess before you take another shot. The figure has feet and hands, stylised with just two fingers, so you have a total of 12 body parts (head, body, arm, arm, leg, leg, foot, foot, finger, finger, finger, finger) before he goes for the long drop. Each wrong guess adds a body part until he's ready to be launched into eternity, or the puzzle is solved. As each correct letter is guessed I'll fill it in here, so check the OP to see how it's doing and what letters are left.

Solved

"Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me" (Elton John and George Michael) set by Trollheart, solved by Lexi

"Bullet with Butterfly Wings" (Smashing Pumpkins) set by Lexi, solved by GD

"Always Crashing in the Same Car" (David Bowie) set by GD, solved by Lexi

Next up:

TBA

I'll bite. I'm guessing the letter 't'.

Thanks for playing. A few Ts alright, filled in on the OP.

Picking "N"

I was this cool the whole time.

Quite a few, yes. Added in the OP.

"D"

I was this cool the whole time.

D is there, yes, added in the OP.

I think I know the answer, is it "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me"?

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

It is, yes. You save the little stick guy and now he can wait for his next date with the rope, which is up to you.

If you want, I can place your new puzzle in the OP, replacing mine, since that's solved now and you probably would prefer people to be able to find yours. Just let me know if you want to do that.

FYI: you need a well-known song, album, artist, whatever, and make sure you break it up into words then tell us how many letters in each. Also a clue is preferable. I can pop in the parts of the hangman's victim as people get them wrong.

Quote from: Trollheart on Apr 02, 2024, 06:35 PMIt is, yes. You save the little stick guy and now he can wait for his next date with the rope, which is up to you.

If you want, I can place your new puzzle in the OP, replacing mine, since that's solved now and you probably would prefer people to be able to find yours. Just let me know if you want to do that.

Sure! Okay, here goes.

------ ---- --------- -----

Four words, with 6, 4, 9 and 5 letters.

The clue is it is a popular rock song from sometime in the last 30 years.

I hope I got that all right, haha.

OK well that's a pretty weak clue if you ask me - only cuts it down to what? Half a million songs or so? Still, it's your clue so I'll post all that into the OP.

Let's try a ballsy guess first then: 'W'!

#14 Apr 03, 2024, 01:41 PM Last Edit: Apr 03, 2024, 07:59 PM by Lexi Darling
There are two W's yes!

Hmm, since I can't edit the first post, I'll just do it here and @Trollheart can update the first post at his convenience.

BULLET WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS

Edit: the answer has been guessed by GD. It's Bullet with Butterfly Wings by The Smashing Pumpkins.