Mar 26, 2024, 04:52 PM Last Edit: Mar 28, 2024, 01:16 AM by Trollheart

I think I know a lot about this show; it is one of my favourites. But do I know as much as I think I do? Pose me any question - or series of questions - let's say a limit of five per post/person at a time - and see if you can catch me out. You have my word of honour that I won't look up any answers I don't know. You can Google questions if you're not familiar enough with the show. Go on: take me down a peg! A whole peg! You know you want to...

Go on! I dare ya!
All right then, you leave me no choice.

Current Score

Trollheart 1 - Forum 1 (Lexi)

have you seen the Snippszones?

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

What popular emo band famously shares a name with a Simpson character?

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 26, 2024, 05:10 PMWhat popular emo band famously shares a name with a Simpson character?

That would surely be Okily Dokily (Hi-de-li-ho neighbourino!), alhtough maybe not as they're metal aren't they? Not well up on emo bands I have to admit, though I believe there may be a band called the Gumbles too (Barney Gumble). In fact, were I to research it, I imagine there might be a few: Five Guys Named Moe (Sylzak), Lisa Lisa (and various other Lisas), The Rods (Flanders) - yeah but I have to admit emo bands, not my thing, so I'm sort of throwing out guesses here. May have caught me right out of the gate, little lady! D'oh!

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Mar 26, 2024, 05:02 PMhave you seen the Snippszones?

I am Trollheart and I do not approve this message.
No entender, senor.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 26, 2024, 05:20 PMThat would surely be Okily Dokily (Hi-de-li-ho neighbourino!), alhtough maybe not as they're metal aren't they? Not well up on emo bands I have to admit, though I believe there may be a band called the Gumbles too (Barney Gumble). In fact, were I to research it, I imagine there might be a few: Five Guys Named Moe (Sylzak), Lisa Lisa (and various other Lisas), The Rods (Flanders) - yeah but I have to admit emo bands, not my thing, so I'm sort of throwing out guesses here. May have caught me right out of the gate, little lady! D'oh!

I have stumped the Troll! The answer was Fall Out Boy.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

#6 Mar 26, 2024, 06:47 PM Last Edit: Mar 26, 2024, 07:20 PM by Trollheart
D'oh x as many times as this script will allow in one post! I should have known that one! And I've just taken a whole series of Simpsons quizzes, most of which were as easy as falling off a ----- aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh why would such a feat be considered hard???

Well done: I shall immortalise your victory in the OP, or as we said it in my day, PO (Page One). :clap:

What bald rocker from Chicago appeared on the Simpsons during the height of his band's popularity?

Michael Stipe? I can't think of too many bald rockers actually. I know there were a lot of bands appeared on the show, from U2 and Smashing Pumpkins to The Who and Judas Priest - but the only one who may have been bald I can remember is himself from REM.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 27, 2024, 12:09 AMMichael Stipe? I can't think of too many bald rockers actually. I know there were a lot of bands appeared on the show, from U2 and Smashing Pumpkins to The Who and Judas Priest - but the only one who may have been bald I can remember is himself from REM.

Damn, I guess I had a bit of a Mandela Effect with this one. I was looking for 'Billy Corgan' from the Smashing Pumpkins, but then realized that, though he went bald in 1995, and the episode was released in 1996, he wasn't actually bald in the episode.  :laughing:

So I kinda misled the witness here, I won't hold this one against you. I'll come up with another.  ;)

That's fair enough. I did mention SP, which I particularly remember from this exchange:
Billy Corgan: "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
Homer: "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

There have been so many bands and singers on the show it's hard to keep track of them, but funnily enough, when you said "a bald rock star" the first name that leaped to my mind was...
Peter Gabriel. But then, I knew he had never been on the show. So then I kept wracking my brains to think who it could be. I'm glad I (sort of) got it anyway.

Quote from: Trollheart on Mar 27, 2024, 04:03 AMThat's fair enough. I did mention SP, which I particularly remember from this exchange:
Billy Corgan: "Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins."
Homer: "Homer Simpson, smiling politely."

There have been so many bands and singers on the show it's hard to keep track of them, but funnily enough, when you said "a bald rock star" the first name that leaped to my mind was...
Peter Gabriel. But then, I knew he had never been on the show. So then I kept wracking my brains to think who it could be. I'm glad I (sort of) got it anyway.

Since you mentioned Michael Stipe, I'd like to take this time to remind anyone who might read this thread how great and underappreciated REM's Up is. If anyone hasn't listened to it, you should - because it was Kid A before Kid A was a twinkle in its father's eyes.  ;)