An idea struck me for a thread where we discuss the best (or our favorite) ads ever made. Could be for nostalgia reasons, could be because it's catchy as hell, could be for any reason really - and I was primarily thinking TV ads, but it could be any ads (radio, newspaper, etc).

I'm an American so I never saw this one organically, but here's a British Guinness ad from 1999 that utilizes Leftfield's "Phat Planet" (which I love) - and the ad is a slow burner, very unique and very memorable.

Just crazy to think there would be so much creativity and effort put into an advertisement to sell beer.

What are some of your favorites?

Saw it in 2010 for the first time. I remember it well because it is the only time I've ever laughed out loud at an advert.

Only God knows.

One of my all-time favorites...

Bud Light Lime ad

I don't know if the "can" slang is well-known outside of the U.S. and it can mean several different things in the U.S. but as used in this ad, it's slang for a person's backside.

Perhaps this would be better suited for the Other Media forum? There is a thread about specifically nostalgic commercials but an all purpose thread would be nice to have there. My kingdom is lonely haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards