Hello fellow creatures of the night (Yes, I'm posting this from my bed).

As you might know, I've been feeling a little down lately and so I thought I might as well just wallow in it and get it out of my system.

So this thread is for anything goth - I'll even take slightly goth related. I'm up for tragic romance, melancholy and wearing shades when it's already dark.

Bring it on!! 🖤🏴

Happiness is a warm manatee

Went completely under the radar, huh?

Well, let's see if a little Love and Rockets might help.

Only God knows.

Some goth trivia you probably already know: The Mission was started by two ex-members of Sisters of Mercy, Wayne Hussey and Adam Craig, who didn't get along with Andrew Eldritch. Before they were called The Mission, they were called The Sisterhood which I believe was also a nickname for dedicated Sisters of Mercy fans. Eldritch quickly released something of his own under the moniker The Sisterhood before these guys had finished their debut, essentially blocking them from using their intended name. It was probably upsetting because they had already gotten some attention in the press under that name. So.. they had to change their name and so became The Mission.

Goth music wars 🎶 🖤

I never know what is or isn't considered actual goth music aside from the obvious genre staples (Cure/Bauhaus/Banshees), and I do like those bands but my areas of knowledge are more toward the realms of dark synthpop, early industrial rock, and some of the more arty new wave and new romantic artists. To me all that stuff fits along with goth into the same corner of my music brain. So do forgive me if none of this is "true" goth music lol.

Some of my favorite music that occupies that brain area:

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Incubus Succubus II by Xmal Deutschland is a fantastic 80's goth tune:

I know less about goth than other punk genres but I've been listening to 45 Grave quite a lot lately
also here's some gloomy eastern-european punk/new wave

This was and continues to be a regular track played by DJs in local south west village parties. Let's hope our kids enjoy it as much as we did.
DianneW, have you heard this in your area?

Nice @Saulaac ! That's a fun song 😊 never heard it before. And Xmal Deutschland, that does indeed sound like a classic 80s goth song.

The rest was nice too! Thanks for sharing, guys 🖤

Here's a bit of Siouxsie and the Banshees. I know it's an overplayed song by them, but I love it.

Werewolf by UK Decay. A long song with a long creepy intro. One for playing alone in a pitch-dark room.

That's very cool, @Gandalf 🙂 I never heard that before.

I was wondering how long we can go without mentioning The Cure, but I'm breaking that spell.

What's your favourite song by Robert Smith & co?

Mine might be Close to Me. It was on one of the Now That's What I Call Music compilations from the very early 90s or so that I listened to.

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 19, 2024, 07:54 AMThat's very cool, @Gandalf 🙂 I never heard that before.

I was wondering how long we can go without mentioning The Cure, but I'm breaking that spell.

What's your favourite song by Robert Smith & co?

Mine might be Close to Me. It was on one of the Now That's What I Call Music compilations from the very early 90s or so that I listened to.

I mentioned them briefly, haha.

I have too many Cure songs I like, but a few random favorites would be Plainsong, Closedown, 100 Years, The Funeral Party, and High.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 19, 2024, 08:17 AMI mentioned them briefly, haha.

I have too many Cure songs I like, but a few random favorites would be Plainsong, Closedown, 100 Years, The Funeral Party, and High.

Nice 🙂 I only know a couple of those, I think, 100 days and Plainsong. I might check out the rest 😊

This isn't the most goth rocky song by love & rockets, but it is one I remember well from back in the day.

Goth was comparatively huge in the 90s. I remember picking up some music tips from the Vampire The Masquerade tabletop RPG 😄 For me, I think Love & Rockets may have come from there.

the band I was in 4 years ago grew up and made hella thoughtful goth bangers :3

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!