Quote from: SGR on Oct 15, 2024, 06:23 PMSpeaking of Kamala's support among men, her internal polling for them must look really bad if this is on the table...

Harris could join Joe Rogan podcast in hunt for male votes, sources say

Her support among black men is so poor that she released an Agenda that showcases what she will do for black men

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/harris-laying-new-plan-empower-black-men-energize-114771743

QuoteHarris' plan includes providing forgivable business loans for Black entrepreneurs, creating more apprenticeships and studying sickle cell and other diseases that disproportionately affect African American men.

Harris already has said she supports legalizing marijuana and her plan calls for working to ensure that Black men have opportunities to participate as a "national cannabis industry takes shape." She also is calling for better regulating cryptocurrency to protect Black men and others who invest in digital assets.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 15, 2024, 08:58 PMHer support among black men is so poor that she released an Agenda that showcases what she will do for black men

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/harris-laying-new-plan-empower-black-men-energize-114771743

Yeah, I saw that. This kind of pandering of course isn't uncommon in the run-up to election day. Reminds me of Trump's "Platinum Plan" from 2020, which wasn't aimed specifically at black men, but black people as a whole:

What's in Trump's 'Platinum Plan' for Black America?

But I figured Harris must be having problems with support among black men when Obama came out last week and scolded black men for 'not feeling the idea' of a woman president. I can't speak for black men specifically, but as a man, implying I'm a sexist is not going to make me more likely to vote for a woman. It comes off as condescending, and it smacks of very similar messaging used for Clinton in 2016 (that didn't work). Speaking of which, I saw this t-shirt on the official Harris/Walz campaign website. Makes me wonder if some of the same people who worked for Hillary in 2016 are working for Kamala now:

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Oct 15, 2024, 07:46 PMRumor has it that Trump will be making an appearance on Rogan's show.

Yeah I heard about that. For both Trump and Kamala's Joe Rogan appearances, one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the inevitable Youtube edits/cutups that PINGTR1P will make of them.  :laughing:

Quote from: SGR on Oct 15, 2024, 09:51 PMYeah, I saw that. This kind of pandering of course isn't uncommon in the run-up to election day. Reminds me of Trump's "Platinum Plan" from 2020, which wasn't aimed specifically at black men, but black people as a whole:

What's in Trump's 'Platinum Plan' for Black America?

But I figured Harris must be having problems with support among black men when Obama came out last week and scolded black men for 'not feeling the idea' of a woman president. I can't speak for black men specifically, but as a man, implying I'm a sexist is not going to make me more likely to vote for a woman. It comes off as condescending, and it smacks of very similar messaging used for Clinton in 2016 (that didn't work).

She was having issues with Black men in general before Obama decided to twist the knife deeper by scolding black men in general.

I was this cool the whole time.