Quote from: SGR on Oct 02, 2024, 04:50 AMSilly gaffes aside, that felt like a much more traditional debate. More informative and substantial than the POTUS debate for sure. Doubt it will change minds one way or another though.

It did change the mind of one undecided voter. You know how certain networks gather like 5 undecided voters to get their opinion. One guy decided to vote for Kamala because Vance still can't admit that Trump lost the 2020 election.

https://x.com/IanSams/status/1841321725369160042?t=utdhCSFxxyqOhoB2ZHBdgg&s=19

I was this cool the whole time.

"I don't think I can trust someone with my vote if they're not going to respect it"

^ That's a great quote: it's a piece of common sense wisdom that, if adopted, would serve the American electorate well. It's pretty much like my own invented rule: If you like democracy, don't vote for a party that is working to dismantle it.

Still, I don't suppose the Vance/Walz debate is going to cause a big swing of the polling needles. A bigger impact, imo will come from this document (in bold) that should be available to the public any day now (in a redacted version):

QuoteTrump is accused of conspiracy to defraud the United States; conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding; obstruction and attempting to obstruct an official proceeding; and conspiracy against rights in connection with an alleged pressure campaign against former Vice President Mike Pence and state officials to reverse the 2020 election results.

... Smith submitted a sealed 180-page brief on Thursday outlining the government's evidence against Donald Trump. On Friday, he filed a motion to publicly release the evidence.

The 180-page filing will set out what evidence prosecutors have against Trump and also includes an appendix with more information.

The evidence has been reshaped in light of the Supreme Court's July 1 presidential immunity ruling, which gave Trump broad protection from prosecution.

It is unusual for prosecutors to release their evidence pretrial, but the Supreme Court has said that the evidence should be viewable so that Chutkan can assess whether it complies with the presidential immunity ruling.

Under the terms of Chutkan's scheduling order, Trump has until October 1 to file a sealed copy of his objections to Smith's redacted version of the 180-page file.

She also gave him until October 10 to file objections to the appendix that comes with the filing.
source: Newsweek article : https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-jack-smith-2020-election-fraud-case-evidence-release-supreme-court-1961221

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Oct 02, 2024, 05:14 PM"I don't think I can trust someone with my vote if they're not going to respect it"

^ That's a great quote: it's a piece of common sense wisdom that, if adopted, would serve the American electorate well. It's pretty much like my own invented rule: If you like democracy, don't vote for a party that is working to dismantle it.

Still, I don't suppose the Vance/Walz debate is going to cause a big swing of the polling needles. A bigger impact, imo will come from this document (in bold) that should be available to the public any day now (in a redacted version):
source: Newsweek article : https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-jack-smith-2020-election-fraud-case-evidence-release-supreme-court-1961221

I agree the debate won't move the overall numbers in polls too much but I'm sure it helped some people decide like the young gentleman I posted about.

Another charge isn't going to dissuade people away from voting from him. Trump supporters don't care about legal issues like logical people do.

From the outside you'd think something that big would sway voters but nope. Trump's cult supporters can justify anything thrown at him.

I was this cool the whole time.

QuoteOct 12, 2024
Democratic vice presidential nominee Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz joined fellow hunters in Minnesota to mark the start of pheasant season hunting in the official Governor's Pheasant Hunting Opener in the southern town of Sleepy Eye.

Dana Carvey is absolutely hilarious as Joe Biden. Jim Gaffigan as Tim Walz is another perfect casting choice.  :laughing:

Kamala's New "Man" Ad Gets VICIOUSLY Mocked!

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Oct 13, 2024, 10:35 PM

Kamala's New "Man" Ad Gets VICIOUSLY Mocked!

Gotta admit, I really, really thought that was a parody.  :laughing:

Quote from: SGR on Oct 14, 2024, 07:03 PMGotta admit, I really, really thought that was a parody.  :laughing:

Yeah. It looks and sounds like something out of a comedy show like SNL. :laughing:

Obama BLAMES Black Male Voters!

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Oct 15, 2024, 01:34 PMYeah. It looks and sounds like something out of a comedy show like SNL. :laughing:

Speaking of Kamala's support among men, her internal polling for them must look really bad if this is on the table...

Harris could join Joe Rogan podcast in hunt for male votes, sources say

Quote from: SGR on Oct 15, 2024, 06:23 PMSpeaking of Kamala's support among men, her internal polling for them must look really bad if this is on the table...

Harris could join Joe Rogan podcast in hunt for male votes, sources say

Rumor has it that Trump will be making an appearance on Rogan's show.