Feb 14, 2024, 06:53 PM Last Edit: Feb 14, 2024, 08:17 PM by FETCHER.
Hey!

I have an app called stats.fm and it tracks music minutes, streams etc probably similar to what last.fm used to do back in the day.

I'm a little bit obsessed with finding new music, if anyone has it already or wants to get it send me a friend request 😎

@fetcher

I changed my username last minute there, you all already know my name anyway but thought I'd change it just incase.

Ps. do not dare judge me for how much Limp Bizkit I listen to.

Edit: it's only available for Spotify users at the moment sorry ☹️

Does it only work with Spotify? If so I won't be able to join in, sadly.

Also Limp Bizkit is wicked dope and if I could link my YouTube music account you would find plenty of them there as well, hehe.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Feb 14, 2024, 07:48 PMDoes it only work with Spotify? If so I won't be able to join in, sadly.

Also Limp Bizkit is wicked dope and if I could link my YouTube music account you would find plenty of them there as well, hehe.

Ahh crap I didn't notice that it was exclusive to Spotify at the moment. I will update my original post. Sorry Lexi. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it updating on to other platforms.

Awww glad you love them too 😆 I think I've listened to them on loop for the last 2 years 😂

I used to love Limp Bizkit when I was a kid.

I wouldn't listen to them now tho lolz.

But cool app. Hopefully comes to us peasants without Spotify.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Feb 14, 2024, 09:09 PMI used to love Limp Bizkit when I was a kid.

I wouldn't listen to them now tho lolz.

But cool app. Hopefully comes to us peasants without Spotify.

I didn't start listening to them til I was 30, even bigger lolz!!

Fingers crossed it will expand, it's quite a fun app 😊

used to do?  I'm using last fm now... it still does that, what does this other app do different?

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Feb 15, 2024, 04:18 AMused to do?  I'm using last fm now... it still does that, what does this other app do different?

I haven't looked at last.fm in about 15 years, I had no idea if it was still a functioning website or not. That's great you're still managing to use it.

I got into Limp Bizkit back in 1999 when they started blowing up on MTV. There was a period in my life when I thought Fred Durst was the coolest dude on the planet.

That period of course being 1999 to 2017, after which he had been usurped, hehe. <3

I feel like I would have likes Limp Bizkit a lot more if Fred Durst wasn't in the band. I always thought the rest of them were pretty talented.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#9 Feb 15, 2024, 05:05 PM Last Edit: Feb 15, 2024, 05:09 PM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 15, 2024, 04:56 PMI feel like I would have likes Limp Bizkit a lot more if Fred Durst wasn't in the band. I always thought the rest of them were pretty talented.

He is certainly a loud personality so that's totally fair. His style feels like a very love it or hate it thing.

And yeah the instrumentalists are all talented and all bring something cool and unique to the sound. Wes Borland is such a distinctive and creative guitarist.

@Lexi Darling, my biggest regret is not being into that type of music in the 2000's 😆 I'm so jealous! That was the peak!

Aw no Janz, I absolutely love him 😂. I'm with Lexi that I think he's cool as fuck 😂.

I seen them in August in London last year. I'm flying to Belfast on the 12th June to see them and then I'll see them again at download festival on the 16th June. I cannot get enough of them 🤣

Quote from: FETCHER. on Feb 15, 2024, 05:08 PM@Lexi Darling, my biggest regret is not being into that type of music in the 2000's 😆 I'm so jealous! That was the peak!

Aw no Janz, I absolutely love him 😂. I'm with Lexi that I think he's cool as fuck 😂.

I seen them in August in London last year. I'm flying to Belfast on the 12th June to see them and then I'll see them again at download festival on the 16th June. I cannot get enough of them 🤣

Ahh, dope! I've seen them twice, in 2003 and 2013. It was certainly a crazy time, looking back on the era it seems so wild now that a band like them had such a presence in popular culture, like Fred Durst was practically a mainstream celebrity for a hot minute.

It was such a peak era. I remember being so stoked in the summer of 2000 when they released Take A Look Around for the Mission Impossible soundtrack, I bought the Chocolate Starfish CD on release night with my dad at our local Sam Goody, haha. Good times.

Hope you have a blast at those shows!

Quote from: FETCHER. on Feb 15, 2024, 10:42 AMI haven't looked at last.fm in about 15 years, I had no idea if it was still a functioning website or not. That's great you're still managing to use it.

lol, it ain't just me (fortunately/unfortunately flip a coin) but most of the discord music tracking bots use last fm for their data source

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Feb 15, 2024, 05:05 PMHe is certainly a loud personality so that's totally fair. His style feels like a very love it or hate it thing.

He just brought such a frat bro energy to a band that otherwise didn't seem frat bro-ish at all. I remember reading something before about how some or all of the other members were especially disappointed by the lyrics he put to the song now known as "Nookie".

This is what you want. This is what you get.

While I was at my mom's house I found what remains of my CD collection, including these gems.

Since there isn't a Limp Bizkit thread I hope @FETCHER. doesn't mind me posting this here, haha.