We don't have a thread for 2024 yet on this topic, so here it is.

I like Frown's new album I don't think it's out yet

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

Michael Nau - Montrose Tape (2024)

:4stars:

Mellow & dreamy psychedelia with lyrics which are open to interpretation. I've already played this one several times over the past 3 days and it's holding up very well to repeated listens.

I gave Dizzee's new album a brief listen last night.

The first half is basically Garage. Sounds pretty good and probably as good as anything he's done for the past 15 years or so.

I'm looking forward to Ariana Grande's new one.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Feb 08, 2024, 12:54 PM

Michael Nau - Montrose Tape (2024)

Mellow & dreamy psychedelia with lyrics which are open to interpretation. I've already played this one several times over the past 3 days and it's holding up very well to repeated listens.

Thanks for this rec, Psy-Fi, I am really enjoying this album too, especially the quiet prominence of the piano. Also the words, when I can make them out, are clever too.
In the unlikely event that I listen to an album released this year, I'll try to return the favour of a decent rec.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Can - Live In Paris 1973
I've known this as a bootleg for years now but the official release is finally here. Peak Can, absolutely godlike.

LAIR - Ngélar (2024)

Psych/folk/rock with a South East Asian and Indian vibe. All the way from Jatiwangi, Indonesia (had to look it up on a map to satisfy my curiosity). I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this album from start to finish.

This is meant to be really good.

Only God knows.

The new Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is amazing! It's like the last 20 years didn't happen

The new Percy Jones album, Cape Catastrophe, sounds like a Brand X album without John Goodsall, it's outstanding