So the thread idea for this came from one of the times last week when I went to the gym at 3am to BS with my friend Dylan. In Planet Fitness, you can request songs to play over the radio. We decided to have a sad song emo off which is funny for the people that workout without headphones and had to endure our sad songs being played. They were supposed to be sad emo songs but I quickly realized they were mostly just sad alt rock songs.

In this thread I want sad songs from all genres it doesnt matter. Come up with your saddest song recommendations and post them.

I was this cool the whole time.

You want emo? I'll give you emo.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Dick Curless - Bury the Bottle with Me

This might be more despair than sadness:

Love it, though!

Happiness is a warm manatee

This is one where I prefer the cover to the original. It's a song by Hank Williams, but he originally recorded it in a fairly upbeat style which baffles me considering the lyrical content. The Residents version conveys the sadness in the lyrics far better...

The Residents - Six More Miles (To the Graveyard)

#8 Jan 15, 2024, 02:24 PM Last Edit: Jan 15, 2024, 02:28 PM by Lisnaholic
When the title includes the word dirge , that's a clue that you're in for a sombre song:-

In this version, the bottom line, "...and Christ receive thy soul" is delivered as bare, bleak and gloomy as you can get.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Willie Nelson - Blue eyes crying in the rain

The best/worst post-breakup song, depending on what way you look at it.

Red House Painters - Katy Song

"Jason...life is an illusion, and when the illusion of life falls away, the problems that you had in that life will be easier to see and to deal with"  -  God

3fer y'all

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."