Hey guys!

So I just caught this article about Daggerfall Unity:

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-version-of-bethesdas-biggest-rpg-is-finally-finished-and-its-free-for-everyone/

The short version is it's complete (version 1.0) and ready to be enjoyed.

If you're unfamiliar, Daggerfall is the second game in Bethesda's Elder Scrolls series and is a huge 90s open world fantasy game, much like the later Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Daggerfall Unity is an update / modernization of that game in the Unity game engine.

All we need to enjoy this version of the game is free and while I've been aware of this project (it's been playable for years), I still haven't taken the plunge.

I might try it out now it's reached version 1.0 🙂 Anyone else tried this or enjoyed the original game?

Happiness is a warm manatee

I've played it a bit..

.. it's kinda dull 😅 I had more fun playing the older Bard's Tale than I had with Daggerfall, sadly.

The game is huge, but actual fun gameplay seems kinda limited. It's a bit like Skyrim if Skyrim was completely flat, relatively empty, ugly, had thousands more pointless towns. There's so far little joy of exploration and so on. Dungeon maps are atrocious. The logbook, as a way to keep info about what you should do, seems very unreliable. I read somewhere you should write things down.. I've been taking pics of NPC dialogue with my phone 🤦

I haven't done the main questline yet, though, so perhaps that's good.

Happiness is a warm manatee