Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jan 24, 2024, 05:00 AMA little self-promo, I hope no one minds. But I recently started streaming Pokemon on Twitch! I'm gonna try to do two streams a week for at least an hour.

Drop me a follow if that sounds up your alley (and pls help im having tech issues lol)
https://www.twitch.tv/lexidarling89

I'm following what time of day do you usually stream?

I was this cool the whole time.

#16 Jan 30, 2024, 02:23 PM Last Edit: Jan 30, 2024, 02:30 PM by Mrs. Waffles
Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 30, 2024, 01:24 PMI'm following what time of day do you usually stream?

Thank you! So far it's been a bit random, based on what other stuff we have going on. I've been posting each week's schedule on Twitter (I go by LexiDarling89 on there), here's the current week.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

okay nice, I'll follow you on twitter as well.

You've really thought this out. I feel like creating a streaming schedule takes awhile for new streamers to cement and get the hang of.

I might start up my Twitch channel in the middle of February or possibly beginning of March.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jan 30, 2024, 03:57 PMokay nice, I'll follow you on twitter as well.

You've really thought this out. I feel like creating a streaming schedule takes awhile for new streamers to cement and get the hang of.

I might start up my Twitch channel in the middle of February or possibly beginning of March.

Thanks for the support!

Yeah, I want to go hard on the streaming this year. I'm already at 30 followers out of the 50 I need to get monetization, so I figure if I can really lean into it I'll be able to contribute more to our household income an a way other than the soul-suckery of my part-time retail job.

The schedule probably won't vary too much, I think it's a good groove to do daytime streams twice a week on weekdays while Aaron is at work and I have the house to myself, and then evening streams on the weekends when I've had the whole day to be with him.

Which weekdays I stream on will probably be the biggest variance, I work 1-2 shifts a week at my job and there's always errands, grocery shopping, unexpected household maintenance and any other projects that I need to set aside time for.

Looking forward to being Twitch buddies!

Glimmer (2009)

Here's a really old one. When I recorded this I didn't even have an audio interface, I just plugged my synths into a speaker and put the mic up to it, haha. Thankfully the magic of post-processing cleaned this one up, all the recordings I did that way sounded way worse as raw audio. This track is a simple keyboard improvisation on my Microkorg, the first synth I ever bought. I think it has a nice little sound, big and atmospheric with a bit of grit.

Also changed my channel name. I don't mind having my government name out there but I want to keep my branding consistent across the net.

Got a two-fer here. I uploaded the first and then threw in the second as a bonus bit of relief, haha.

Locusts (2013)

This is more of an experimental improvisation, I believe it's all one take but I might have layered on one of the different sounds. I know at least some of this is Moog, I had just gotten that synth when I recorded this track. Still not the harshest noise out there, I couldn't be Merzbow if I tried lol.

Solar Drippings (2012)

This was the first project I worked on for my of my electronic music classes during my 2012 semester. I don't think it was the one I turned in, but it was made with that intention. It has a bit of a religious vibe I think, though that's probably just because of the organ. The acoustic guitar in this track is from a sample library, and I used a pretty crafty MIDI plugin that generated realistic strums.

I suppose I haven't said this on here, so here's an update.

Due to moving, taking care of my mother and basically revamping my entire living situation, I have had to pause all streaming plans for the time being. I will update again when I am able to return to streaming.

I do plan to start some more YouTube stuff soon; I'm gonna be doing short form homemaking vlogs and adjacent variety content. More music will continue being drip fed onto my channel as well.

Thank you for understanding. <3

- Alexandria

Skitter (2008)
Here's one of my early experiments with Fruity Loops. I think I was trying to make some kind of frantic IDM inspired piece with this one. I think parts of it are really cool, though the stop-start arrangement kind of messes with me, haha.

Since I guess this will be my place for my miscellaneous creative projects, I did a fun little exercise the other day, inspired by an offhand comment a friend of mine made a couple months ago. She said it would be funny if I made "housewife business cards" to hand out to people. I know she meant it as a joke, but I actually really liked the idea, so I made it.

I will also note, in case anyone is concerned, that as of right now I am fine with my real name being out there in this context. Thank you.

I have a big announcement: I'm going to be returning to streaming! I'll be streaming at least twice a week starting first week of April. Stay tuned for more info and my schedule.

https://www.twitch.tv/lexidarling89

I've been finally making some real progress on the album I described in this post.
Quoteit's going to be electronic music themed as a "day in Lexi's life" kind of thing, with a lot of sound effects, percussion and various other sounds being actual samples of me going about my day in my house. Some sounds I've got already include vacuuming, broom sweeps, rubber glove snaps, boiling water bubbles, stacking dishes, that kinda stuff.
I've been able to set aside some time to knuckle down and compose, so it should definitely be finished by the end of the year, I'm sure of it. But in addition to the music I've also come up with an album cover, so I'd like to share that with you all.

I wanted to go for something that pops out, but also has the vibe of a vintage 1960s/70s obscure record, a curio you might find tucked in the back of a small town record store with shag carpets and the smell of burning incense. I'm proud of how it came out.