It's easier to name the ones we don't hate.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Generally, the best Christmas music is jazz 🎅

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Hope on Dec 01, 2023, 11:50 AMIt's easier to name the ones we don't hate.

Yep! It certainly makes for a shorter list, Hope !

Thanks to Marie Monday, who introduced me to Cristina, I'll be getting maudlin over Christmas with Things Fall Apart:-

To get lost is to learn the way.

This one was great. Love it.

Only God knows.

Couldn't decide which of these two I think of most around Xmas time:

^Of the two, I like Chris Rea better 🙂

This song always gets me in a festive mood, and makes me nostalgic for when every trailer for a Christmas comedy/family film in the 90s and 2000s used it.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Fishbone - Slick Nick, You Devil You

(I'm like this all the time.)

Quote from: Guybrush on Dec 03, 2023, 07:39 PM

^ I was going to call you out on this one, Guybrush, because although they sing about jingle-jangle, they're talking about cowboy spurs, not Christmas. :rage:

Then I decided the smart move was to use your song as an excuse to post another song, not really about Christmas, but very much Christmas Mood Adjacent:-

My favorite Christmas song.

Low - "Just Like Christmas"

(I'm like this all the time.)

#12 Dec 11, 2023, 12:05 AM Last Edit: Dec 11, 2023, 12:09 AM by Guybrush
Quote from: Lisnaholic on Dec 10, 2023, 07:40 PM^ I was going to call you out on this one, Guybrush, because although they sing about jingle-jangle, they're talking about cowboy spurs, not Christmas. :rage:

Then I decided the smart move was to use your song as an excuse to post another song, not really about Christmas, but very much Christmas Mood Adjacent:-

It's a fair cop 😄 I actually suspected it wasn't a Christmas song because I didn't really know or hear it in a Christmas setting when I first noticed it. However, its mood is kinda Christmasy still so it's been in a Christmas jazz playlist here for a few years now, so.. locally (inside our house) it is a Christmas song 😄

Edit:

Hey, that's a nice Van Morrison song. And chestnuts roasting outside? That's definitely Christmas mood.

^ :laughing: well that's as good an explanation as any, Guybrush,and as you say there is a kind of Christmassy sound to it.

Quote from: innerspaceboy on Dec 10, 2023, 08:50 PMMy favorite Christmas song.

Low - "Just Like Christmas"

^ That song starts so well, ISB, but I felt like they could've done more with its second half.

#14 Dec 23, 2023, 03:48 AM Last Edit: Dec 23, 2023, 04:23 AM by DJChameleon

I was this cool the whole time.