Hey gang!

We're nearing a year of running Something Completely Different. Setting this site up and watching the community grow and turn into one so warm and supportive has been such a joy to me. Hosting the site has given us a freedom and opportunities that I believe are valuable.

HOWEVER it also costs a bit of money. I recently received the bill for the upcoming year and have already paid it. For transparency, it looked like this (although I've removed my own name and address): Invoice for 2023.

So that's already taken care of, but I also wanted to give people the opportunity to chip in. If that's something people are willing to do, it also increases the possibility of perhaps improving our hosting in the future if the site should start to slow down, etc. For crowdfunding, I've set up the following page:

https://ko-fi.com/somethingcompletelydifferent

Any donations made will go towards the hosting of this site and can be made anonymously for those who prefer not to have to sign up to anything.

Some things you should know:

• The goal is to pay for the hosting and smooth running of these forums (not to make money or to buy actual coffee)
  • I've set up a crowdfunding goal of 160 USD which about covers the cost of the most recent bill. I don't expect to reach this goal, but am grateful for any help!
  • On the off chance we raise more than what we need to pay our yearly bill, the extra money will go towards covering the next bill.
  • For transparency, I'll always share accounting details you guys

An so to all our donors - future, past or present - thank you all very much 🥰 you help keep our wheels greased and our boat afloat.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Thank you to all who have donated for your help in keeping this place running ❤️❤️❤️

I didn't think it'd get close, but it's basically covered now (90%) and I'll happily cover the last 10% (just honestly forgot about subtracting my own input - or maybe I can also donate to myself?)

Either way, next year's bill is covered so again - Thank you so much! 🙏🙂❤️

Just seen this, can I still contribute or should I wait til year end?

Quote from: FETCHER. on Mar 13, 2024, 01:04 PMJust seen this, can I still contribute or should I wait til year end?

Ohh, I should do some maintenance to this so we can track towards next bill. I don't know exactly what it'll be, but we can guess it's gonna look like last year's 🙂

I'll check it out and post an update when it's done!

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 13, 2024, 03:50 PMOhh, I should do some maintenance to this so we can track towards next bill. I don't know exactly what it'll be, but we can guess it's gonna look like last year's 🙂

I'll check it out and post an update when it's done!

Yeah please! Every little helps 😊