We don't have a thread for politics that are not American yet. In case you've heard about the Dutch elections you can probably imagine that I'm appalled and upset so I guess that's a fitting occasion for making this thread

"Dutch Trump" looks a bit odd and somewhat creepy and alien-like.

In addition to that observation, it also looks like he's speaking from inside a padded cell.

Trump.
Wilders.
Johnson.
Milei.

What is it about this brand of politicians that inspires such terrible haircuts?

I know why Johnson was doing it but what's the excuse for the rest of them?

Only God knows.

#3 Nov 23, 2023, 10:05 PM Last Edit: Nov 23, 2023, 10:11 PM by jimmy jazz
Ireland going all "far right" is very interesting.

A country that likes to pretend it is better than all of that.

Looks quite hostile in Dublin tonight.

https://twitter.com/DVATW/status/1727763004068966754

https://twitter.com/KeithWoodsYT/status/1727782478478229583

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 23, 2023, 07:24 PMTrump.
Wilders.
Johnson.
Milei.

What is it about this brand of politicians that inspires such terrible haircuts?

I know why Johnson was doing it but what's the excuse for the rest of them?

I'm guessing they're all going for some type of "man of the common folk" look.

In Johnson's case, I prefer to think of him as an incorrigible drunkard.

Quote from: Psy-Fi on Nov 23, 2023, 10:30 PMI'm guessing they're all going for some type of "man of the common folk" look.

In Johnson's case, I prefer to think of him as an incorrigible drunkard.

Johnson plays the role of loveable idiot cos he knows people will buy it.

He makes out that he's dopey and like a silly old granddad but in reality he is much smarter and more cunning than that.

I fucking hate the shitty haired bellend. Used to boil my piss when I saw/heard people making an affection out of him referring to him as 'Boris' or worse, 'BoJo' 🤢

Only God knows.

I like Bojo because it sounds like Bozo.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

The terrible haircuts is definitely an appeal to the working class, seeing as working class people also tend to have terrible haircuts.

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Nov 24, 2023, 06:26 AMThe terrible haircuts is definitely an appeal to the working class, seeing as working class people also tend to have terrible haircuts.

Do we?

Only God knows.

Leaving aside the fascinating topic of haircuts, there is furthur aspect of global politics that we could consider: this is a glance at how the globe has divided out, in terms of free and repressed populations, after the upheavals of the Colonial Era and the Cold War Era:

To me, there are two disappointing things with this picture:-
(i) the old Cold War division is essentially still there, largely thanks to Putin, I suspect
(ii) So many African countries, many of which were given a fleeting chance at democracy, have succumbed to the control of repressive regimes.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 24, 2023, 02:19 PMDo we?
that's a dignified and to-the-point response to such a twatty comment  8)

Quote from: Marie Monday on Nov 25, 2023, 04:14 PMthat's a dignified and to-the-point response to such a twatty comment  8)

Not really, seeing as my haircut sucks too.  GG NO RE.

"AFUERA" - Milei DESTROYS Argentina Politicians by Becoming President

Quote from: Nimbly9 on Nov 25, 2023, 06:07 PMNot really, seeing as my haircut sucks too.  GG NO RE.
??