I started (re)playing Dead Space a while ago and got completely hooked.

It's so nice because I've sometimes wistfully longed for this game over the years as there was something about it that was so appealing. I've missed it. To my great joy, the remake captures all the things I loved from the first game. I love being back on the Ishimura.

A huge part of it is the atmosphere and tension. I don't really get scared much, but Dead Space is great at putting you in that situation where you know you're about to be in over your head and you kinda dread it (in a good way). Both design of the environment and sound design is so well done. Why does everything sound like screaming in this game? Whatever, I'm here for it.

I'm currently just using the plasma cutter 99% of the time and saving up nodes for the force gun for when I get it.

Anyone else having a blast with this?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yarr, I'm done!!

Finished the game with fully upgraded plasma cutter, force gun and contact beam.. and with lots of nodes to spare.

I was tempted to try New Game+, but.. Nah, I got other things to do. On to the next thing!

But for anyone else considering picking it up, I can warmly recommend it. In all the ways I can think of, it's an improvement on the original game.

Hoping they also do Dead Space 2 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee