One of the greats releases his debut album tomorrow.

Its an instrumental flute music album.

I'll give it a chance but not sure what to make of it.

He's a solid musician outside of rapping anyway so no reason why it can't be decent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Blue_Sun

Only God knows.

Instrumental flute music?

I never thought that when Andre 3000 finally dropped his debut album, he'd be doing it for me ❤️

Now I'm real curious.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I love how the term "debut album" is so misleading in this case given that we're talking about an artist who was around and actively making music 30 years ago.  :laughing:

I'll listen to it. I'm always intrigued by artists doing different genres than you'd expect, I listened to an entire Lil B ambient album for god's sake.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Wow it's really good to hear him talk so freely and openly.

He's been missed.

Only God knows.

I like this flute stuff, especially if they're wooden flutes and the fluting is 'experimental'.

I'll be listening.  Thanks for the heads-up, @jimmy jazz  8)

new album is peaceful tunes, I plan to sleep to the album and overall just good meditation music

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 16, 2023, 01:19 PMI love how the term "debut album" is so misleading in this case given that we're talking about an artist who was around and actively making music 30 years ago.  :laughing:

I'll listen to it. I'm always intrigued by artists doing different genres than you'd expect, I listened to an entire Lil B ambient album for god's sake.

It's not really misleading. It's his debut album as a solo artist. Big Boi also had a debut album as a solo artist. There are plenty of rockers that have debut albums outside of their big collective efforts with bands.

I was this cool the whole time.

There was so much pressure on Andre for his first solo album that I think he probably has done the right thing here. Any rap album he'd have released would be so eagerly anticipated and expectations would be so high, maybe he didn't want that hype. By doing this there is literally no expectation and he can move on with not much hype for his next release.

From what I've listened to, I don't like the album. But I didn't expect to.

Only God knows.

It's pretty lame, unfortunately.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 18, 2023, 12:48 PMIt's not really misleading. It's his debut album as a solo artist. Big Boi also had a debut album as a solo artist. There are plenty of rockers that have debut albums outside of their big collective efforts with bands.

It's not misleading to people like you and me, but if, say, a teenager unfamiliar with Outkast and born after Idlewild came out heard that Andre 3000 was releasing his debut album, with that phrasing, I'd imagine without the context of knowing his history I could easily picture someone thinking he was a new artist. That's all I meant, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: grindy on Nov 18, 2023, 03:14 PMIt's pretty lame, unfortunately.

Yeh this. Oh well.

Now we wait for the rap album!

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 18, 2023, 10:16 PMYeh this. Oh well.

Now we wait for the rap album!

It's not even about the genre. If anything, atmospheric instrumental stuff fits my taste even more than rap. It's just not very good.

#12 Nov 19, 2023, 09:01 AM Last Edit: Nov 19, 2023, 09:05 AM by Guybrush
Quote from: grindy on Nov 19, 2023, 04:44 AMIt's not even about the genre. If anything, atmospheric instrumental stuff fits my taste even more than rap. It's just not very good.

This was my first impression as well, though I wanna listen a bit more before I declare it bad.

Kinda silly song titles too, but fun to see someone do something else.

Listening to "That Night in Hawaii When I Turned into a Panther and Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild" now.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 19, 2023, 09:01 AMThis was my first impression as well, though I wanna listen a bit more before I declare it bad.

Kinda silly song titles too, but fun to see someone do something else.

Listening to "That Night in Hawaii When I Turned into a Panther and Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn't Control ... Sh¥t Was Wild" now.

Listened to it twice now and still not a fan. It's not even outright bad, just uninspired even as background music. Plus he's not a good flute player.

Quote from: grindy on Nov 19, 2023, 11:43 AMListened to it twice now and still not a fan. It's not even outright bad, just uninspired even as background music. Plus he's not a good flute player.

Yeah he's not a good flute player but I still enjoyed it. You can hear him like just learning and struggling a bit. It's decent for a beginner imo.

I also like how the tracks are titled.

When I first saw the length of the tracks, I was like oh boy. I hate long tracks in general. Maybe the reason I don't like prog too much. Stupidly long tracks where they are just wanking all over the place instead of ending the track. Bleh.

I was this cool the whole time.