It's finally here.

Kinda.

Rockstar have announced the first trailer for early December.

8)

Only God knows.

Haha! Well. We already know it's gonna be great. I mean.. that track record.

Last Rockstar game I played was Red Dead Redemption 2 which is already like 5 years old? But damn, that game is an experience.

Really looking forward to seeing where GTA6 is gonna take us 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

GTA V is a cultural icon of the 2010s in the same way Tetris is of the 80s and 6 is going to be even bigger.

GTA 6 launch day is going to be such an event. I haven't anticipated a game as much as this since I was a child. Maybe MGS 2 was that.

Iconic.

Only God knows.

MGS2 was my favorite one. What a fucking awesome story that game had.

As for GTA6, it still feels like it's years and years away, similar to whenever the next Elder Scrolls game is gonna come out.

I gotta say though, I tried playing Red Dead 2 and just couldn't really get into it. I had played the first one when it came out and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't thrilled with that game either. I just don't think gunplay is Rockstar's strong suit. And while RDR2 seems immersive and it has a heck of a world to explore, I just can't stand all the busy work. Giving my horse a scrubdown and tending to my garden just doesn't move me.

Quote from: SGR on Nov 09, 2023, 07:28 PMI gotta say though, I tried playing Red Dead 2 and just couldn't really get into it. I had played the first one when it came out and while I enjoyed it, I wasn't thrilled with that game either. I just don't think gunplay is Rockstar's strong suit. And while RDR2 seems immersive and it has a heck of a world to explore, I just can't stand all the busy work. Giving my horse a scrubdown and tending to my garden just doesn't move me.

You don't really tend much garden and I tend to avoid that kinda junk myself. Like in Starfield, I don't bother much with homes. Who gives a shit?

RDR2 has a bit of a long intro. The game won't hook its claws into you until you're a few hours in. Did you reach this far? I was prepared for that and knew I had to kinda stick with it for a bit. It was well worth it.

There's just something to the atmosphere and how that world felt so alive that I hadn't quite gotten anywhere else when I played it.

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 10, 2023, 12:01 AMYou don't really tend much garden and I tend to avoid that kinda junk myself. Like in Starfield, I don't bother much with homes. Who gives a shit?

Oh man, I didn't know modern games had that kind of stuff in them. That's too much realism IMO. I do enough housework IRL thankyouverymuch.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 10, 2023, 12:39 AMOh man, I didn't know modern games had that kind of stuff in them. That's too much realism IMO. I do enough housework IRL thankyouverymuch.

There's a lawnmowing simulator on Steam  :laughing:

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Nov 10, 2023, 12:39 AMOh man, I didn't know modern games had that kind of stuff in them. That's too much realism IMO. I do enough housework IRL thankyouverymuch.

Yeah. I sometimes mentally divvy up the games into the mini-games they're made up of. So Starfield has a spaceship dogfight game which is aight. It's got the first person shooter part. It's kinda got the rpg running around and interacting with people and things part. It's got a planet exploration / survey part (also boring).

The styling your apartment part of the game is definitely the least interesting for me as it's very much just tacked on. No part of the story takes place in there, so there's no actual reason to go into them. The most use is as a place to stash things, but you also have more practical options for that.

A lot of games are heavy on cosmetics etc. It's another thing I typically care nothing about.

I'm so skeptical. I don't even trust tge Rockstar tweet I saw. They claim the first week of December a teaser will drop but I'm like yeah right. I will believe it once I see it with my own eyes.

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 13, 2023, 11:14 AMI'm so skeptical. I don't even trust tge Rockstar tweet I saw. They claim the first week of December a teaser will drop but I'm like yeah right. I will believe it once I see it with my own eyes.

What's there to be sceptical about? It's only a trailer, not a release date.

It will happen in December. Probably December 10th.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 16, 2023, 05:33 PMWhat's there to be sceptical about? It's only a trailer, not a release date.

It will happen in December. Probably December 10th.

Everything related to GTA 6 is to be skeptical. People have been saying GTA 6 related stuff will be happening soon for as long as like four or five years ago. I guess your ear hasn't been on the ground in gamer circles to have known that but yeah. Anything related to Rockstar, I don't even trust until I see with my own eyes.

People have been hyped for this game for so long all kinds of unfounded rumors have been happening for ages now.

I was this cool the whole time.

This isn't an unfounded rumour. This is an official announcement from Rockstar. Not some nobody who claims to have sources.

It will be out early December.

Only God knows.

Official graphic for GTA 6 with trailer date:

December 5th. That's this Tuesday.

See, told you it'd be on time, Deej :)

Only God knows.

Ooo so that's like a return to Vice City? Looks like that could be it.

Might be interesting.