About to drop her new single any day now.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houdini_(Dua_Lipa_song)

This is going to be the ultimate thread for the greatest popstar of our time.

Let's get physical!

Only God knows.

You know, at first glance "greatest popstar of our time" sounds like an exaggeration, but thinking about it, I totally agree.

All my other favorite pop girlies are well past their peak (Ariana, Gaga, Demi) or make music that I find too different to really compare (Billie Eilish). There's Taylor Swift, but I can't in good conscience call her the greatest because I don't want to feed into the crazy fan cult she's acquired.

So yeah, Dua is the one right now. The snippet of the new sound sounded like it could easily lead into a total banger for the ages. Very hyped.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I think Ariana is great, she's got some good tunes.

Billie started out great and Bad Guy was a banger but since then, she's been shit.

Taylor is sweet, I don't know any Swifties so no danger of her fans ruining anything for me.

Olivia Rodrigo is up there I think. She's making some great stuff. Lana is too but, I wouldn't put her in the pop bracket really. She's more than that.

But Dua is still the heavyweight champ of the pop scene.

Only God knows.

Billie's second album was really patchy yeah. I still think her first is basically all killer no filler though. And the song she did for the Barbie movie is one of her best IMO.

Olivia has some absolute winners, I still need to listen to her newest album. Vampire was great.

And I love Taylor too, but at this point she's like her own musical universe. Swifties are like juggalos, they've built up this entire mythos and lore and fan community that I think is starting to stand apart from what we traditionally think of as the pop music scene.

Houdini - November 9th

Calvin Harris has heard some of the music from her new album and described it as "incredible".

Future Nostalgia was close to being a perfect pop album. The last track really ruined it though. It really didn't fit with the rest of the album even if it was a good song.

Only God knows.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 10, 2023, 12:13 AM

Hell yes, this was everything I hoped for. That bassline absolutely smacks.

Great isn't it. She's on fire atm.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Nov 10, 2023, 01:59 PMGreat isn't it. She's on fire atm.

Yeah and she keeps popping up in movies too. She's like slowly grating on me and I'm starting to turn the corner on thinking she's attractive. I'm still a little ways away but she keeps being shoved in my face.  :laughing:

I was this cool the whole time.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Nov 11, 2023, 11:58 AMYeah and she keeps popping up in movies too. She's like slowly grating on me and I'm starting to turn the corner on thinking she's attractive. I'm still a little ways away but she keeps being shoved in my face.  :laughing:

Hey, that looks like it might be fun. Interesting cast! And I've missed Sam Rockwell.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Guybrush on Nov 11, 2023, 08:15 PMHey, that looks like it might be fun. Interesting cast! And I've missed Sam Rockwell.

Yeah great ensemble cast actually. I want to see it also.

I was this cool the whole time.

The extended version of Houdini is out!

My girl is going to take over 2024.

Only God knows.

^ Congrats, @jimmy jazz - you called it right!  And I'll have you know, my son is now in love with Dua too. What have you done to us?   :laughing:  Really, Dua should hire you as a promoter - or better yet, maybe her bodyguard.   ;)

PS:  I think she has a great voice, and I wish they didn't electronically *treat* it as much as they do.  Her voice holds up on its own.

Hey, she's kinda doing this shot:

Where Kate also has the key on her tongue.

So, uhm.. that's just an observation.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Yes, the song title is also a nod to that album. There is a track called Houdini on Kate's album too.

Only God knows.