Okay, this is stretching it a bit, I guess Hello Ocho are usually regarded as a somewhat progressive psychedelic band but honestly, this stuff is pretty jazzy and at times sounds downright like Canterbury.
Super unknown band but certainly deserve more love.

Nice video, @grindy 🙂 I like it! Added their song In Portuguese to my rotation 👍

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: Saulaac on Aug 25, 2024, 10:30 PMGood one, Lisna. Excellent choice. You've got a talent to spot good jazz rock fusion. In it's purest form. The fucking extended seconds and thirds. Yes man! Good concert.

Thank you for the very kind comment Saulaac.  :love: My apologies for only noticing it today; I don't know how that happened.

My apologies too, for this band: I have a vague sense of guilt because I feel like I'm trying to squeeze Southern Rock in through a jazz door. Sea Level are a jazzy rock band, with a noticable touch of the Allman Bros about them. That's not surprising as...
Quote" Jazz-rock combo Sea Level was formed in 1976 by keyboardist Chuck Leavell, bassist Lamar Williams, and drummer Jai Johanny "Jaimoe" Johanson following their exit from the Allman Brothers Band; guitarist Jimmy Nalls completed the lineup."

Rain in Spain is the opening track from their debut album (1977), so it's really beginning at the beginning of their discography:-

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

Hey Lisna, Thanks for posting "Rain In Spain". Solid jazz fusion. You're part of the jazz fusionati aren't you. Go on admit it. You sneaky bastard.

And what's more, Southern Rock and Jazz goes so well together doesn't it?