^ Agree, and same here - discovered them via Igorrr/Laure.  8) 

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 27, 2023, 07:47 PMI'll continue the Keith Emerson love with this ripping performance by The Nice.
The camera work in this is quite erratic but somehow I think it actually works for a performance like this.

The performance rips, and the chaotic camera movement definitely works in this case!  Keith Emerson......*thud**Thud* in every conceivable way. :D

Mike Oldfield and mighty friends* performing Tubular Bells in the round on the BBC Second House show.

*including brother Terry Oldfield, Pierre Moerlen, Steve Hillage, Mick Taylor, Henry Cow members Fred Frith, John Greaves and Tim Hodginson, David Bedford, Steve Broughton, and oboist Karl Jenkins playing a new part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXatvzWAzLU

I've watched that Oldfield footage many times, every time I think I'm just going to watch a couple minutes of it I always end up playing the entire thing. Absolutely wonderful contribution to the thread, thank you @ribbons !

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Speaking of funky...

The caped band members, JB's splendid mustache, the unaccompanied scream at 2:35, absolutely love everything about this performance.

James Brown is so much fun 😄

It reminded me of this Bootsy Collins performance. Years ago, I saw this episode of Night Music - a jazz TV show where the host sometimes joined in on saxophone - because it had a performance by Karen Mantler. But it was Bootsy who stole the show.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Some great stuff being posted in this thread  :D

Here's some more....

Pulp Play I-Spy With a Full Orchestra on Later... (1995)

The BBC put out a couple of albums of performances on Later With Jools Holland in the late 90s. This version of I-Spy was on the first, and I think I've played this much more than the album version on Different Class.

Joy Division Play She's Lost Control on Something Else (1979)

Watching this makes me really wish I had seen Joy Division play live, you cannot take your eyes off Ian Curtis through this whole performance.

The Damned Play Smash It Up & I Just Can't Be Happy Today on TOGWT (1979)

Two for the price of one here, you get an awesome version of Smash It Up before the whole thing descends into chaos during the second song which abruptly ends when Rat Scabies decides he's had enough. Would it surprise you there was alcohol involved?

At The Drive In Play One Armed Scissor on Later... (2000)

This video wasn't on YouTube for years and now finally it is. After watching this performance I rushed out the next morning afternoon and bought Relationship Of Command. What you don't see in this video came after when the camera pans to a shellshocked Robbie Williams who has just realised he has to follow this chaos.  :laughing:

Bonus Video
It's not on YouTube anymore, but here is Radiohead playing A National Anthem on SNL.

More funky LC stuff
I love this session, there's something awesome about having basically a big band at home.

The Roots, featuring Bilal, covering "Mother" at the John Lennon 75th Anniversary Celebration on the AMC network.
I don't know if this is disqualifiable since it was in front of a large audience - but it was taped specifically for a tv show broadcast.
When I first saw this, I was completely blown away.  A very difficult song to interpret, and I think The Roots and Bilal did a spectacular job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDCtnq80HAg

This may also be close to disqualified, but it's not a concert! It's just a recital.

I've also posted it elsewhere, so you may have seen this clip of Valentina Lisitsa playing Prokofiev before.

It's a piece of music I find endlessly fascinating and so I've heard a few recordings, but this one here is my favorite. She's so dynamic and so powerful. It sounds like someone going mad with grief and anger.

Happiness is a warm manatee

^ A very demanding piece for the variations of emotion.  I have not seen her work before - extremely expressive without overplaying.  Will have to look into more of her work.  Thanks for posting!   :)

Quote from: Suburban Placeholder? on Oct 28, 2023, 10:56 PM
At The Drive In Play One Armed Scissor on Later... (2000)

This video wasn't on YouTube for years and now finally it is. After watching this performance I rushed out the next morning afternoon and bought Relationship Of Command. What you don't see in this video came after when the camera pans to a shellshocked Robbie Williams who has just realised he has to follow this chaos.  :laughing:

So dope. I love ATDI but I'd never seen this performance. I love how despite being so obviously out of tune they still just run with the chaos. I can definitely see how watching that would make a big impact; I didn't get into them until about the time The Mars Volta had just formed. Such an exciting time for post-hardcore for sure.

Can't say I've ever been much of a fan of The Carpenters but I like this early live TV performance they did back in '68...

The Dick Carpenter Trio - Dancing In The Street (First TV Appearance - 1968)

The final track from Underworld's Everything Everything Live DVD from 2000 is "Moaner" - their highest-energy epic which was tragically omitted from the US CD release of the show and exclusively relegated to the DVD and UK 2CD editions. It captures the Mk2 era of the band at their best.

(I'm like this all the time.)

Best show I've ever attended was Iggy Pop and Mano Negra.  Iggy was pushing Brick by Brick.  I lost 25 lbs at that show!