Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 25, 2023, 11:08 PMMany years ago I saw the marble index documentary about Nico. At the very end of it, you have John Cale playing Frozen Warnings.

Just him in a big room with a piano. I thought it was a great way to end the documentary.

I love that performance by Cale of Nico's "Frozen Warnings" and always remembered it because it was a moving close to the documentary.  He took her very seriously as an artist.  Good pick, Tore!  8) 

Morgan Agren is one of the better drummers out there and this is from a Swedish music show from back in the day with Fredrik Thordendal from Meshuggah. Starts off a bit slow, but things start to get interesting at about 1:35 and it finishes with a flourish. Enjoy.

Thordendal & Agren - Sol Niger Within

Quote from: ribbons on Oct 25, 2023, 10:58 PMI believe that is footage from Copenhagen television from the American Folk & Blues Festival which toured Europe in 1967.

Skip James is my favorite blues artist.  He had a very idiosyncratic style on guitar using open D minor and E minor pentatonic tunings, which gave his work a haunting effect.  I like his piano playing as well, which was equally idiosyncratic, especially rhythmically. 

Skip James is probably my favourite among the old school blues musicians as well. Great player and wonderful, haunting voice. Thanks for the info about the video source!

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 26, 2023, 12:49 PMMorgan Agren is one of the better drummers out there and this is from a Swedish music show from back in the day with Fredrik Thordendal from Meshuggah. Starts off a bit slow, but things start to get interesting at about 1:35 and it finishes with a flourish. Enjoy.

Thordendal & Agren - Sol Niger Within

Meshuggah (and Thordendal solo) are not really my cup of tea but I wholeheartedly support Morgan Agren. Fantastic drummer.

Back in the day one of the local Saturday morning programs everyone turned on was "Recovery", to see local and touring acts play live on TV. This is one of the more infamous examples...............  :laughing:

John Spencer Blues Explosion - 2 Kindsa Love (Recovery TV)

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 26, 2023, 03:55 PMBack in the day one of the local Saturday morning programs everyone turned on was "Recovery", to see local and touring acts play live on TV. This is one of the more infamous examples...............  :laughing:

:clap: What a wonderful performance!!

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 26, 2023, 03:55 PMBack in the day one of the local Saturday morning programs everyone turned on was "Recovery", to see local and touring acts play live on TV. This is one of the more infamous examples...............  :laughing:

Oh good call
In fact this was on my second list.

The Dirty Three - Sues Last Ride (Recovery TV)

^ I like that performance very much - never heard of that band, will have to seek them out. 

Marvin Gaye rehearsing with his band in Ostend, Belgium 1981.  Horizontally singing on a couch and still better than most vocalists out there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEecWIAvao

Quote from: ribbons on Oct 27, 2023, 06:22 PM^ I like that performance very much - never heard of that band, will have to seek them out. 

Marvin Gaye rehearsing with his band in Ostend, Belgium 1981.  Horizontally singing on a couch and still better than most vocalists out there. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPEecWIAvao

Really nice performance. That reminds me of the meme of guys reclining a certain way signifying the quality of their album lol.  :laughing:

I dont think I've posted this here before (have definitely posted it over at Music Banter) but this is one of my favourite session recording. A French band thats a little obscure and only put out one album. Laure finishes up with a really nice whistle register after traversing quite the gamut throughout the song.

Corpo Mente - Ort

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 27, 2023, 06:44 PMReally nice performance. That reminds me of the meme of guys reclining a certain way signifying the quality of their album lol.  :laughing:

OMG that's true!!  :laughing:

Antony and the Johnsons - Hope Theres Someone

I'll continue the Keith Emerson love with this ripping performance by The Nice.
The camera work in this is quite erratic but somehow I think it actually works for a performance like this.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 27, 2023, 06:50 PMI dont think I've posted this here before (have definitely posted it over at Music Banter) but this is one of my favourite session recording. A French band thats a little obscure and only put out one album. Laure finishes up with a really nice whistle register after traversing quite the gamut throughout the song.

Corpo Mente - Ort

Yeah, great band! Found them through Igorrr.