Someone I knew is in the hospital rn for vaping and I'm freaking out as someone who has been vaping for 4ish years, I knew the dangers only after starting but now learning just how quickly especially these disposables can give u diminished lung capacity I am very determined to quit soon so that I do not die.  Really worried of the long term effects of this.

If you've had an issue with smoking or vaping, did you stop?  Do you still do it?  How did you stop if you did?

shit is evil

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I have never vaped or smoked tobacco or nicotine, but in my 20s I struggled with an awful amphetamine addiction. I was lucky enough to have a couple close friends and my parents who were able to closely work with me to help, a friend of mine actually moved in with me for about a month, which helped a lot to engage me and help me work through the cravings. I slept a lot, and I was unemployed so I had that privilege of being able to take the time to recover.

I'm not sure how different the vape addiction is from my addictions, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be. For me I had hit rock bottom desperation, I ruined my life on that stuff. So my advice would be to seek help IRL, the support of the people who cared about me was the thing that helped me get clean. My heart bleeds for you and your friend, drugs truly are evil.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 14, 2023, 06:05 PMI have never vaped or smoked tobacco or nicotine, but in my 20s I struggled with an awful amphetamine addiction. I was lucky enough to have a couple close friends and my parents who were able to closely work with me to help, a friend of mine actually moved in with me for about a month, which helped a lot to engage me and help me work through the cravings. I slept a lot, and I was unemployed so I had that privilege of being able to take the time to recover.

I'm not sure how different the vape addiction is from my addictions, so I'm not sure how helpful I can be. For me I had hit rock bottom desperation, I ruined my life on that stuff. So my advice would be to seek help IRL, the support of the people who cared about me was the thing that helped me get clean. My heart bleeds for you and your friend, drugs truly are evil.

Support systems are truly the biggest thing one can do for things like this, thank u and I'm glad ur doing better now without the drugs

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

How do you know its because of vaping?

And what was this person vaping, nicotine or something else?

I don't care tbh, it's miles safer than smoking and I'm healthier than the majority of people anyway.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Oct 14, 2023, 06:40 PMHow do you know its because of vaping?

And what was this person vaping, nicotine or something else?

I don't care tbh, it's miles safer than smoking and I'm healthier than the majority of people anyway.

The doctors told her that the chemicals in the disposable vapes are what caused her to lose lung capacity.  I'm warning you now, I know that vaping is somewhat even more dangerous than smoking cigarettes due to the chemicals involved will create a bio-plastic film in your lungs that eventually cuts off access to your cilia, therefore making it incapable to breathing.  I knew this and have continued in shame.

Quote from: tristan_geoff on Oct 14, 2023, 07:19 PMThe doctors told her that the chemicals in the disposable vapes are what caused her to lose lung capacity.  I'm warning you now, I know that vaping is somewhat even more dangerous than smoking cigarettes due to the chemicals involved will create a bio-plastic film in your lungs that eventually cuts off access to your cilia, therefore making it incapable to breathing.  I knew this and have continued in shame.

I think disposables have some more concerns around them. But either way, NHS approved studies have shown that it is around 95% safer than smoking. Concerns are mostly around the regulations. I know it can cause popcorn lung because of diacetyl but that occurs in smoking Sr a higher rate iirc.

Where did you hear it was more dangerous than smoking?

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Oct 14, 2023, 07:28 PMI think disposables have some more concerns around them. But either way, NHS approved studies have shown that it is around 95% safer than smoking. Concerns are mostly around the regulations. I know it can cause popcorn lung because of diacetyl but that occurs in smoking Sr a higher rate iirc.

Where did you hear it was more dangerous than smoking?

I personally made that call bc of how quickly some vapes can lead to popcorn lung

I know I'm old and unqualified to make this call, but I just find vaping so deeply uncool.

• It's worse than wearing socks in your sandals
  • It's worse than driving a Segway
  • It's worse than what we call fast sunglasses
  • It's lamer than being into astrology
  • It's lamer than having metal detecting as your hobby
  • It's worse than having glasses that can be split in the middle, but are held together by magnet
  • It's worse than Eurovision pop music
  • It's lamer than pre-ripped jeans
  • It's even lamer than smoking
  • It's just slightly above the level of an adult wearing a onepiece

Happiness is a warm manatee

I was with you until the Eurovision slander and the adult in a onesie slander.

You don't know true comfort until you wearing a onesie as an adult.

I was this cool the whole time.

I really don't understand the hate for vaping. Surely something that gets smokers off cigerattes and onto something far less harmful is a good thing?

I'd consider a onesie. If you can get some that don't look ridiculous and are just one piece with zip pockets on and are warm then I may be willing to convert.

Only God knows.

I'll heartily back up @Guybrush on both vaping and Eurovision, but coming after onesies is going too far. Those things are cozy as hell and the only reason I don't own one is because it technically falls under my no pants rule.

Blows my mind how popular Eurovision is with Americans. Can someone explain it please? You wouldn't think Americans had even heard of it but the most hardcore, dedicated fans of it I've ever encountered are from the USA.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Oct 15, 2023, 02:14 AMBlows my mind how popular Eurovision is with Americans. Can someone explain it please? You wouldn't think Americans had even heard of it but the most hardcore, dedicated fans of it I've ever encountered are from the USA.

Yeah, that's true. It's absolutely baffling to me as well, like I have friends who obsessively livetweet it and have never been anywhere in Europe.

Just to be clear, by onepiece/ onesie, I am thinking of this:

I'm sure they're comfortable for wearing in the house, but as for venturing out in public..

It looks like you either gave up on dressing yourself or never learned how to. 😅

And people who wear onesies also usually don't wear them as well as this guy.

It's as bad as those cultural appropriation earrings that you insert into your poor, stretched earlobes.

It's worse than tramp stamps and Chinese tattoos.

It's worse than having a piercing right above your nose.

As for the coolness of vaping vs. smoking, it's no mystery. Take James Stewart and Grace Kelly just sitting and talking in a movie or perhaps Marilyn Monroe at a party. Replace their cigarettes with vapes and they'll look like idiots.

Also give them onesies, bad tattoos, stretchy earlobes, socks in sandals and have them driving segways and using metal detectors and yeah, those movies wouldn't work at all.

Happiness is a warm manatee