Couldn't find a thread like this, and I think we need one. Post your favorite misheard lyrics here.

The inspiration for this thread was my sister telling me that, even though she knows the actual lyric from the song "Drift Away", she hears "gimme the beat boys and free my soul" as "gimme the bee poison, free my soul".

Which really changes the vibe of the song pretty significantly, I gotta say.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 12, 2023, 11:07 PMCouldn't find a thread like this, and I think we need one. Post your favorite misheard lyrics here.

The inspiration for this thread was my sister telling me that, even though she knows the actual lyric from the song "Drift Away", she hears "gimme the beat boys and free my soul" as "gimme the bee poison, free my soul".

Which really changes the vibe of the song pretty significantly, I gotta say.

Gotta say I prefer those misheard lyrics over the originals. :laughing:

^ Same here.  :laughing:

The Stones are great for this.

Song:  "Beast of Burden"

This one made an impression on me. :D

What I heard: 

"All this sickness, I could suck a d**k  :coldsweat:
Follow that girl, I can shrug her off
"

Stones lyric:

"All your sickness, I can suck it up
Throw it all at me, I can shrug it off
"

Do lyric mutations Frank Zappa style count?  I tend to distort words in songs for my own amusement knowing full well what they actually are. 

Yes "And You & I" -- The preacher trained in all to lose his name!  The teacher travels, ask a hippie so you say!

Yes "Close to the Edge" -- Then according to the man who showed his outstretched arse to space, he turned around and spread it revealing all the human race!  I shook my head and smiled a whisper knowing all about the place!"  (I got a belly laugh out of Rick Wakeman over that one.)

Sister Sledge "We Are Family" -- all of the people around us they say can they be that close? Just let me staple the vicar ....

There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold and she's buying a stairway to Cleveland!

There's a lot more but it's early in the morning, haha!!