Video Game News & Upcoming Releases
This will be stickied as this can be used as a resource for those looking to try out new things.

Please feel free to add in your most anticipated releases or anything related to video game news that you find interesting and want to talk about, and we can discuss it here or if we deem necessary, discuss it in its own thread. For the moment, any and all conversation about releases and news can take place in this thread. and if you can, add a release date. If there are no release dates set for a particular game, just put TBD and that'll easily separate them. Although we are getting close to the end of the year, and I've already played most if not all the games I was looking forward to this year, this'll just be updated for anything that comes out of left field for the rest of the year and of course talking about games that are set for a 2024 release and for each year after that.

Diablo IV's 'Season of Blood' drops on October 17th. Although I wouldn't say I'm super excited for it given their last season and a rough Diablo IV release etc, I'm still considering checking it out. It looks like they're adding some neat new stuff so we'll see. I'll report back once I've played enough of it. I played a bunch of the previous season until I got burned out.

https://www.thexboxhub.com/the-newest-addition-to-game-pass-arrives-from-space/

From Space just arrived on Xbox Game Pass this morning and I put about an hour into it. I like it. It's a top down twin stick shooter with its own unique style and flair. Also co-op is available for those that choose, however I've been going through it on single player and having a blast. If you're not big on twin stick shooters, this may not be for you, but I implore you to check it out regardless. It's got a fun thing going for it. Nothing over the top, just good shooter fun.

Can't wait for Spiderman 2 on October 20th.

I was this cool the whole time.

I'm curious about Armored Core, but I've seen nothing about it on my XBOX, so I guess it's not for that platform 🤔

It's dull, but there's not really much I'm looking forward to in the realm of games at the moment.. GTA and Elder Scrolls 6 maybe, but I assume those are temporally far away still.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I heard Armored Core was pretty good but I haven't played it.

I'm also looking to hear how the new Spider-Man does because I absolutely loved the first but I don't have a PS5 so I'll be missing out. That's ok though. Also you are correct tore. It's a lull in gaming right now. All the big releases and some surprises have pretty much already happened so now it's just time to keep eyes and ears open for rumors and upcoming releases. Been a damn good year for gaming though.

Fall/Xmas usually has big AAA titles to be released. I haven't looked into it and maybe this year is different but I'm excited for the next few months.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 15, 2023, 10:55 AMFall/Xmas usually has big AAA titles to be released. I haven't looked into it and maybe this year is different but I'm excited for the next few months.

I think the one I heard rumors of is that FF16 would be coming to other consoles near Christmas time, which if that's true that'd be great. I think they said it's only a limited exclusive and usually those are 6 months. Not going from experience, just what I've read. So, if true, i'll be excited about FF16 on Xbox. I've kept myself from watching any gameplay because I want to experience it for myself.

Quote from: Key on Oct 17, 2023, 06:03 PMI think the one I heard rumors of is that FF16 would be coming to other consoles near Christmas time, which if that's true that'd be great. I think they said it's only a limited exclusive and usually those are 6 months. Not going from experience, just what I've read. So, if true, i'll be excited about FF16 on Xbox. I've kept myself from watching any gameplay because I want to experience it for myself.

Same! I still need to get that as well and I have avoided all gameplay footage from like streamers on it.

Hmmm.. I think FFX was the last one I played.

It's kinda fun, but I don't always jibe with the style and character designs etc. 🤔 Sometimes it's cohesive (final fantasy 6, prob 9), sometimes less so (7, 8, maybe 10).

I dunno. It's just my admittedly outdated impression.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on Oct 18, 2023, 08:50 AMSame! I still need to get that as well and I have avoided all gameplay footage from like streamers on it.
Yeah, it's one of those games that I really want to experience because I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 18, 2023, 05:31 PMHmmm.. I think FFX was the last one I played.

It's kinda fun, but I don't always jibe with the style and character designs etc. 🤔 Sometimes it's cohesive (final fantasy 6, prob 9), sometimes less so (7, 8, maybe 10).

I've never been a big fan of Final Fantasy but FF16 just looks amazing.

Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 18, 2023, 05:31 PMHmmm.. I think FFX was the last one I played.

Wow you didn't playin FF X- 2 or FF12? those two are great ones imo. 

I hear FF13 was good too but I bought it and just let it sit by the way side. One day I will go back and play it, it's on my backlog list.

Quote from: Key on Oct 19, 2023, 09:47 PMTwo big thumbs up

Glad to hear it. I'm a Souls junkie (and I love Nioh even more), so I'll have to pick it up. How difficult is it compared to the Souls games?