1 (12.5%)
Nintendo Switch
3 (37.5%)
Playstation 5
2 (25%)
Xbox Series X/S
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

I'm obviously not able to cover every game system ever released but I tried to include as many as I could. This is just kind of for fun so you can vote for as many as you like.

Did my picks, though I kinda miss the Commodore 64 and the Amiga 500 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

I'd assume they're probably not on there because those are technically considered personal computers whereas the other options are all dedicated gaming consoles? Just a guess.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

the original xbox was a classic console.  could nuke any series and turn it into an FPS, among having plenty of really good games that while they were on other consoles too I just prefer the xbox controller over any of it's competitors.  gamecube was annoying and the buttons are either too small or hard to find, making you look at the controller while you play.  playstation had the godawful fucking X square whatever I never got it.  xbox has reversed nintendo buttons but makes it hella more ergonomic and I feel like the position of A and B is better than nintendo did it.

a lot of my favorite games ever I played on an original xbox.

Battle for Bikini Bottom
Halo 2
I-Ninja
Frogger Beyond
Tony Hawk Underground

like I could revisit any game now and have just as much fun

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

I've never owned an Xbox but my high school friend group would frequently have late night Halo 2 parties that were always a hoot.

I cut my teeth on games through my across the street neighbor's Genesis and SNES (plus my own Game Boy Pocket I got in 1995), but the first home console I owned was the PS1 that I got for my birthday in 1997 and it's still my favorite. I rented so many obscure games back then that I either read about in EGM (remember that sh*t? I had a subscription lol) or just thought looked cool. I also got a PS2 (a belated birthday present from that same neighbor in 2000 actually) and because that was backwards compatible, my "PS1 era" lasted basically from 1997 all the way up through selling all my consoles circa 2009.

A few of my favorite PS1 games back in the day:

Ape Escape
Crash Bandicoot 2
Jumping Flash 2
Parappa the Rapper
Spyro the Dragon
Twisted Metal 2
Tomba
Saga Frontier
Klonoa
Megaman Legends
Duke Nukem
Bloody Roar
Gex 3
Tekken 3
Crash Team Racing
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Soul Reaver: Legacy of Kain
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2

Some of those I haven't touched since, so I don't know how well they hold up, but those were my formative gaming memories.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jan 14, 2024, 05:43 PMI'd assume they're probably not on there because those are technically considered personal computers whereas the other options are all dedicated gaming consoles? Just a guess.

That is technically true, though I don't think most people did much else than gaming with these systems.

My favourite system of all time is the SNES 🙂 I dearly wanted one and when we finally got one, it was amazing.

Some games I remember fondly:

• Actraiser
  • Shadowrun
  • Soul Blazer
  • Starfox
  • Street Fighter 2
  • Super Castlevania
  • Super Mario Kart
  • Super Mario World
  • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
  • Super Metroid
  • Zelda: A Link to the Past

I also REALLY wanted Final Fantasy VI (marketed as nr 3 in Europe), but I didn't get my hands on it until I got an emulator and the rom.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I went N64/Gamecube/Xbox 360 as those are the ones I probably have the most nostalgia for.