I don't see why you folks would need mods if Guybrush and Trollheart are both active

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Mindy on Jan 22, 2023, 09:20 PMI don't see why you folks would need mods if Guybrush and Trollheart are both active

At the moment, they probably don't, but if this place grows to, say, a hundred members, then mods will be needed. Also what if Guybrush or Trolls have to leave the forum temporarily for real life issues? Then you need to have backup.

So, yeah, mods will be ultimately necessary unless you like seeing ads in Vietnamese all the time.

The Word has spoken :D

Quote from: Rubber Soul on Jan 22, 2023, 09:31 PM
Quote from: Mindy on Jan 22, 2023, 09:20 PMI don't see why you folks would need mods if Guybrush and Trollheart are both active

At the moment, they probably don't, but if this place grows to, say, a hundred members, then mods will be needed. Also what if Guybrush or Trolls have to leave the forum temporarily for real life issues? Then you need to have backup.

So, yeah, mods will be ultimately necessary unless you like seeing ads in Vietnamese all the time.

racist af tbh

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Jan 22, 2023, 10:30 PMracist af tbh

You're right. I should have said Russian.

The Word has spoken :D

#34 Jan 23, 2023, 04:09 PM Last Edit: Jan 23, 2023, 04:17 PM by Guybrush
I don't think the vietnamese spambots care much.

If this place continues to grow and the spambots come, we will eventually need a moderator of the usual kind. However, it won't be someone who can ban people completely unchecked. Me and Trollheart have already agreed on our own system of checks and balances so that we won't go on our own banning rampages and so hopefully it makes sense that we'll extend this also to moderators. We'll also strive to be transparent about what we do, how and why and will inform you of important decisions with a thread on this board.

Currently, I think we will need a single person at some point in the future. Maybe we'll call him or her Community manager or something like that. In the even more distant future, that person might even need a helper or two - but just to be completely clear - it is not my wish or intention to create a large group of moderators who wear that title merely as a status symbol and who use it to bully other members. If we have moderators, it's because there's work for them that needs doing.

Happiness is a warm manatee

make sure you can unmoderator these future punks

Quote from: TheNonSexual OccultHawk on Jan 23, 2023, 04:28 PMmake sure you can unmoderator these future punks

No worries, we will :)

#38 Jan 25, 2023, 03:29 PM Last Edit: Jan 25, 2023, 03:32 PM by Guybrush
Introducing curators

This forum had both moderators and global moderators where moderators have the power to sticky, edit, move threads etc. but can't ban while the global moderator has banning permissions. Unfortunately, I didn't quite figure this out until after I'd made this thread.

To avoid confusion, we have decided to rename the (regular) moderator to curator. It aligns nicely with the definition of a caretaker for a collection or exhibition. A forum can be said to be both those things; a collection of threads and posts presented to an audience.

I will reword the original post to reflect this change and make it clear that we are currently looking for curators.

Please check back on the first post here: https://scd.community/index.php?msg=390

#39 Feb 08, 2023, 11:25 PM Last Edit: Feb 24, 2023, 01:01 AM by Guybrush
Just wanna bump this as we still need more curators / ghouls.

Edit: Buuump!!

Giving this a bump.

We need more GHOULS to oversee our thread graveyard, etc.