Quote from: Janszoon on Feb 04, 2023, 04:27 PMUnderrated song on an underrated album by an underrated band:

In my case, you could've swapped "underrated" for "unheard of", Janzsoon. For a song I just listened to with no preconceptions at all, it's pretty good, with a kind of low-key spookiness to it. Nice.

To get lost is to learn the way.

Quote from: Lisnaholic on Feb 04, 2023, 04:21 PMThat's you and John Lennon both then, ribbons !! This is JL relaxing at home in 1967, with promo stickers on the cabinets behind him:-

Good catch, Lisna - I had forgotten that John had Safe As Milk stickers on those cabinets.  I love the pictures and caricatures on the walls.  And in keeping with this thread, I recall reading somewhere that the cushion on John's settee was yellow.  :)

That's a detail that not many people know, ribbons! Congratulations on bringing our digression right back to the colour of the week. All we need now is to get TH to include "soft furnishings" in his OP ;) 
Quote from: Trollheart on Jan 21, 2023, 08:18 PMAcceptable videos are names of songs, albums, bands or artists in which the colour is mentioned, or perhaps referenced.

To get lost is to learn the way.

#48 Feb 05, 2023, 12:48 AM Last Edit: Feb 05, 2023, 12:49 AM by ribbons
Quote from: Lisnaholic on Feb 05, 2023, 12:21 AMThat's a detail that not many people know, ribbons! Congratulations on bringing our digression right back to the colour of the week. All we need now is to get TH to include "soft furnishings" in his OP ;) 
Quote from: Trollheart on Jan 21, 2023, 08:18 PMAcceptable videos are names of songs, albums, bands or artists in which the colour is mentioned, or perhaps referenced.

:laughing:  :laughing:  :laughing:  <------- three yellow laughing smilies for you there, Lisna!

Any new color this week, TH?

Oh well, it's not as if I don't have a hundred thousand other projects to look after!
Yeah, I've let this one slide. Well, new week, new colour and this time it's
BLUE

"Blue Monday" by New Order

"My Old Friend the Blues" by Steve Earle

"Electric Blue" by Icehouse

Quote from: Trollheart on Feb 20, 2023, 09:14 PMOh well, it's not as if I don't have a hundred thousand other projects to look after!

You're a workaholic and I've complained about it a million times!  Am I supposed to sit alone night after night wondering what color will be next?  Where's my rolling pin?    ;)

Bob Dylan - Tangled Up In Blue

Um, I sold it to buy drugs. Funny story: turns out you can't buy much with a dollar fifty. Must be why I got a small packet of cleaning powder instead of heroin. Oh well, I guess at least I'll be able to keep my nose clean!

:laughing:

* goes to Ebay to buy new rolling pin *

(In nagging imitation Irish-American brogue):  You're goin' ta get it, clean nose 'n' all!  And don't even think o' fleein' to the pub!

Hah! Just as well I already am in the pub then, innit?

My aunt used to have a great story about her father, whom she worshipped. She said "Daddy always said, I never raise a hand to a woman. Not as long as I have a good pair of boots on me feet!"  :laughing:

Brian Eno - Deep Blue Day

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Trollheart on Feb 20, 2023, 10:17 PMHah! Just as well I already am in the pub then, innit?

My aunt used to have a great story about her father, whom she worshipped. She said "Daddy always said, I never raise a hand to a woman. Not as long as I have a good pair of boots on me feet!"  :laughing:

Is that the same auntie who used to give you McVitie's Jamaica ginger cake with tea?  :D

John Lennon - Out The Blue

Curtis Mayfield - We The People Who Are Darker Than Blue