As some of you will know (or maybe not) I am a big Streets fan.

A post I made on MB:

QuoteMixtape in 2019, then a film and the new Streets album in 2020. The film and the album are apparently the most ambitious things he's done and are part of the same project, apparently has been years in the making and blows everything he's done recently out of the water.

The mixtape came out in 2020. The new album and film has just been announced.

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/music/the-streets-announce-new-album-feature-film-the-darker-the-shadow-the-brighter-the-light-3468426

So it has taken a while. Hopefully this will really be good.

Any of you lot fans of Big Mike?  8)

Only God knows.

New tune is great  8)

Only God knows.

I'm not super into The Streets, but I've always loved "Fit but You Know It".

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I remember listening to them when i was a teenager and basically trying to look cultured by liking British rap

Quote from: Jwb on Jul 18, 2023, 10:55 AMI remember listening to them when i was a teenager and basically trying to look cultured by liking British rap

Not a fan then?

Only God knows.

Nah, i think i was pretty indifferent to them. I basically just remembered it as spoken word over like atmospheric sounding electronic beats. There wasnt much effort put into the rapping side from what i remember.

Yeh he's more spoken word than rap.

Only God knows.

I feel like I'm in the same boat as jwb. I don't rate him.

Pretty much indifferent.

I was this cool the whole time.

I think he's good

Practitioner of Soviet Foucauldian Catholicism

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 19, 2023, 04:09 AMI feel like I'm in the same boat as jwb. I don't rate him.

Pretty much indifferent.

He is good, but if you are looking at him as a rapper and expecting technicality and flows then you will be underwhelmed.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jul 20, 2023, 06:09 PMHe is good, but if you are looking at him as a rapper and expecting technicality and flows then you will be underwhelmed.

I'm not looking for any of that from him. I'm just listening to his spoken word and its just okay not bad but not great either.

Only God knows.

Thanks for reminding me. I wanted to hear it.