#15 Oct 05, 2023, 07:37 PM Last Edit: Oct 05, 2023, 07:49 PM by Meatwad
Quote from: Guybrush on Oct 05, 2023, 06:19 PM^Most people who have seen it seem to have nice things to say about Irreversible 🤔

I haven't seen it myself.

What do you think about it?

There is a certain level of voyeurism with movies that Im not the slightest bit interested in. And this movie has few peers in that regard as per cinema releases that have been available to the public.

The main issues is that it had an extremely graphic ~9 minute rape scene in it. I have no idea why this is something anyone would find entertaining or interesting to watch in the slightest and I ended walking out of the cinema with my friend (it was worse for him since he had significant mental health issues) well before it had finished.

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 05, 2023, 07:37 PMThere is a certain level of voyeurism with movies that Im not the slightest bit interested in. And this movie has few peers in that regard as per cinema releases that have been available to the public.

The main issues is that it had an extremely graphic ~9 minute rape scene in it. I have no idea why this is something anyone would find entertaining or interesting to watch in the slightest and I ended walking out of the cinema with my friend (it was worse for him since he had significant mental health issues) well before it had finished.

Yes, it is the one thing everybody now knows about that movie and the reason I haven't seen it myself. It just doesn't sound so enjoyable. The story around it hopefully makes up for it.

I can't remember the names of the actors right now, but I do think they were married at the time. Maybe knowledge of that ould help soften the blow somewhat

Happiness is a warm manatee

It's Pat

I've only seen the trailers but they r trash :/ can't believe at one point society collectively thought gender ambiguity was funny instead of the ideal human form that we will all evolve towards eventually lol

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

It's Pat is pretty funny though. The lady that played Pat has debunked the theory that the character is transgender. I think just the actress playing Pat and some of the writing/scenarios is what made it funny. Not just the fact that they were making fun of gender ambiguity.

I was this cool the whole time.

fair enough I've never seen it lol

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

PCU though I have seen and can genuinely say that is a trainwreck of a comedy

Titanic: The Legend Goes On... (2000)
Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)
Monster a Go-Go (1965)
Going Overboard (1989)
The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)
From Justin to Kelly (2003)
Chairman of the Board (1997)
Glitter (2001)
Battlefield Earth (2000)
Gigli (2003)
Simon Sez (1999)
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987)
Troll 2 (1990)
Cool as Ice (1991)
Kazaam (1996)
Shanghai Surprise (1986)
Sharknado (2013)
The Master of Disguise (2002)
The Room (2003)
Batman & Robin (1997)
Reefer Madness (1936)
The Adventures of Pluto Nash (2002)
Plan 9 from Outer Space (1957)
Highlander II: The Quickening (1991)
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)

So I found this list of 25 bad movies based off of some rating. I wasn't paying attention to the rating I just got super excited about a new list of bad movies for me to watch. I have seen some of them but I'm about to re-watch some of these "classics".  :laughing:

25 Bad Movies slideshow

How dare they besmirch the fine name of Sharknado.  :laughing:

Completely disagree with that one. Glitter on the other hand.....  :poop:  :poop:  :poop:

Awesome! I've only seen 17 of those, and a couple I've never heard of at all. Once the mister and I can get back to doing bad movie nights more regularly I'll be sure to suggest some of those.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Dec 29, 2023, 11:58 AMAwesome! I've only seen 17 of those, and a couple I've never heard of at all. Once the mister and I can get back to doing bad movie nights more regularly I'll be sure to suggest some of those.

Wow you are better than me. I have only seen 15 of them and I'm going to re-watch those 15 along with the new ones I haven't seen.

I definitely need to see Battlefield Earth 🤔 it's like part bad movie, part cult artifact. I know the director claims it has nothing to do with Scientology, but come on.. it's based on a book by L. Ron Hubbard and features Scientology's biggest star attraction after Tom Cruise!

Why haven't I seen it yet? Gotta get on that.

Happiness is a warm manatee

Quote from: DJChameleon on Dec 29, 2023, 01:00 PMWow you are better than me. I have only seen 15 of them and I'm going to re-watch those 15 along with the new ones I haven't seen.

Sounds fun! It's definitely been a while since I've seen a lot of them as well. Plus there's a few on there that I've seen but the man of the house hasn't; I was just talking with him about Vanilla Ice the other day and he said he's never seen all of Cool as Ice. so that's going on the list for sure.

The ones I haven't seen are Monster a Go Go, Going Overboard, The Beast of Yucca Flats, Glitter (surprisingly), Shanghai Surprise, Pluto Nash, Highlander 2, and Jason Takes Manhattan.

Titanic: The Legend Goes On... (2000)
Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966)
Monster a Go-Go (1965)
Going Overboard (1989)
The Beast of Yucca Flats (1961)
Chairman of the Board (1997)
Plan 9 from Outer Space (1957)
Shanghai Surprise (1986)
Simon Sez (1999)
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987)

This list is the 10 that I haven't seen before. I have heard of Plan 9 from Outer Space but never watched it. I thought I saw Adam Sandler's first film Going Overboard but I can't remember anything about it so maybe I haven't seen it. I just heard that it was awful.

Oh man, you are in for an absolute treat with Garbage Pail Kids and Titanic. :laughing:

I might get a lot of hate for this but I don't like Breakfast Club, I just don't get the vibe of that movie it's not terrible but it's not for me.

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"