Sep 27, 2023, 04:09 AM Last Edit: Sep 27, 2023, 04:49 AM by TheBig3

From the Wiki...

Laufey Lín Jónsdóttir born April 23, 1999), known by the mononym Laufey, is an Icelandic-Chinese singer-songwriter. She achieved notability in the early 2020s, and describes her musical style, a mixture of jazz pop and bedroom pop, as "modern jazz".

Having performed as a cello soloist with the Iceland Symphony Orchestra at age 15, Laufey was a finalist in Ísland Got Talent (2014) and semi-finalist on The Voice Iceland (2015). In 2021, she released her debut EP Typical of Me and graduated from Berklee College of Music in Boston, United States. Her debut album, Everything I Know About Love, was released in 2022 and charted in Iceland and the US. It was followed by her second studio album, Bewitched, which was released in 2023 to critical acclaim; the single "From the Start" found moderate success in Canada, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Laufey has cited Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Chet Baker and Taylor Swift as sources of influence.

I'm hearing she's the biggest streaming jazz musician of all time. Streaming being the operative word there, but still, it's Jazz in 2023. Check it out. Let me know what you think.

That was a cool song! It's clearly very inspired by vintage bossa nova, but at the same time it's pretty unmistakably modern. In a way she kind of reminds me of a less edgy and more jazzy Billie Eilish, who I also love.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards