#15 Sep 02, 2023, 02:55 PM Last Edit: Sep 02, 2023, 03:01 PM by DJChameleon
Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Aug 31, 2023, 12:46 PMI kinda wish I had the time to take more baths. If anyone's taking a bath in this house it's usually the mister, I have too much to get done and when I do have free time it's never one of the things that pops in my head to do.

I miss taking baths. The tub that I have doesn't have a proper stopper and my old one that I used to use just like stopped being as effective and I haven't found a new one that works properly yet. Also the landlord in my building is so whiny about the water bill. So if I took more baths it would raise the water bill and it would trigger a letter getting sent to all tenants in the building about having a plumber come over to check for leaky pipes.

Quote from: grindy on Aug 31, 2023, 01:39 PMI usually shower after taking a dump even if it does sometimes lead to multiple showers a day. Anyone else doing that? I can go without it but it feels unpleasant. I also prefer to rinse my dick under the tap after taking a piss, so there's also that.

Bidet or possibly use wet wipes instead of toilet paper might make you feel better about it unless you are super joking.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Aug 31, 2023, 05:22 PMI find I actually shower after sex more frequently than before. There have certainly been times on the weekends when we've had a little afternoon delight and had to freshen up afterwards to do something else later in the day.

I wear a lot of antiperspirant deodorant and perfume, but there's only so much that can do when I've gotten all sweaty from some spontaneous sex.

I like the direction of this conversation. So next question,  Do you prefer to shower up before sex or only after? Why ?

I generally like to shower before sex but there is something hot and passionate about just going to town being dirty to do a dirty act.

Sometimes I end up showering before and after sex but if I get a chance to not shower before sex then I will do it after.

I also like to just not shower after sex and cuddle afterwards but it doesn't happen very often because my partner is a bit of a clean/neat freak so she promptly showers after sex. I feel guilty so I either join her in the shower or wait til she's done then go shower up myself too.

I was this cool the whole time.

I use a beard shampoo for my beard (and face). Every time I shower. They say you're not supposed to but I think that's bollocks and haven't noticed a difference.

I then use coconut oil (the extra virgin, cold pressed stuff, not the shitty cheap stuff. I remember shitting in coconut oil ages ago, if it's good quality it's OK) in my beard for the skin and to keep it nice and oiled. Then I brush with boar bristle brush. If I a feeling particularly stylish I use a balm to help keep it in place. They smell of all sorts of things. My favourite one is this:

It smells like blackjacks. Really nice.

Only God knows.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 02, 2023, 02:55 PMI like the direction of this conversation. So next question,  Do you prefer to shower up before sex or only after? Why ?

I generally like to shower before sex but there is something hot and passionate about just going to town being dirty to do a dirty act.

Sometimes I end up showering before and after sex but if I get a chance to not shower before sex then I will do it after.

I also like to just not shower after sex and cuddle afterwards but it doesn't happen very often because my partner is a bit of a clean/neat freak so she promptly showers after sex. I feel guilty so I either join her in the shower or wait til she's done then go shower up myself too.

I'd say after for the most part. For various reasons, one being that we're both pretty clean and hygienic people and I've never been bothered by any dirty smell or taste when we're going at it. Frankly the mister doesn't do a lot of physical activity (he sits in a chair all day at work and at home I do everything for him, haha) so he never gets that sweaty. And he's never complained about me being dirty either. He also likes me to look nice and made up even when we're having sex if possible so showering before would wash that all away. And like I've said in the past, a lot of our sexual acts are quite spontaneous and I know he doesn't want to wait 15 minutes for a shower and dry off and all that. The main exception is if we're going to do anything anal, then I definitely clean that area.

Overall it varies depending on the time of day and situation whether or not we do much cuddling afterward. Sometimes I just gotta get back to the housework, you know the deal, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

I need to up my beard game.  Right now I only use a beard oil but I want to get a shampoo as well. I tend to just use my regular face wash stuff. The Neutrogena cleanser and use that for my beard too.

I use the beard oil like right before I'm going to head out for the day and I have a beard comb that I use. Well I'm currently using a pick because I lost my favorite beard comb and need to get a new one. I got my beard oil from like some Youtuber that makes his own stuff. I think the one I'm using has tea tree oil in it.

Quote from: DJChameleon on Sep 02, 2023, 04:28 PMI need to up my beard game.  Right now I only use a beard oil but I want to get a shampoo as well. I tend to just use my regular face wash stuff. The Neutrogena cleanser and use that for my beard too.

I use the beard oil like right before I'm going to head out for the day and I have a beard comb that I use. Well I'm currently using a pick because I lost my favorite beard comb and need to get a new one. I got my beard oil from like some Youtuber that makes his own stuff. I think the one I'm using has tea tree oil in it.

Jamaican black castor oil is good as well Deej and very cheap. Probably better cos it's like a thick treacle so has some hold to it.

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 31, 2023, 03:52 PMNo but you know the trays that you keep your bars of soap on at the sink, for washing your hands? You will get that sludgy soap that collects in it. I use that to wash my arsehole after having a shit. Dip your tissue in it and clean 8)

Its economic, hygienic and shows initiative.

We don't have bidets here but that's no excuse to have a dirty bumhole.

I use liquid soap so the option isn't for me anyway but I applaud your ingenuity and frugality in the realm of butt hygiene, sir!

Quote from: Marie Monday on Aug 31, 2023, 04:53 PMsounds like you should just invest in a bidet or one of them Japanese toilets

I've used bidets when staying at fancy hotels but it was always kind of awkward and I still felt dirty. Probably more of an issue of not being used to it but I'll stick with showering for now.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Sep 02, 2023, 05:05 PMJamaican black castor oil is good as well Deej and very cheap. Probably better cos it's like a thick treacle so has some hold to it.

I will definitely look into this thanks for the recommendation.

Also I always giggle when people mention coconut oil because I only see it in the context of lube. It's great lube for anal but has various other uses like for baking cookies too.

Today's question is a bit hygiene adjacent but I didn't feel like creating a whole new thread to ask these series of questions.

Pet Owners:

Do you allow your fur baby to sleep in your bed with you? Also specify if they are a dog or cat.

If it's a dog how long do you go before you give them a bath granted they didn't get into mud and need an emergency bath.

If you own a cat do you bath them or use a waterless shampoo?

Do you regularly clip their claws to keep them short?

So I have three cats and I let them sleep in my bed but I have wipes thay I keep in my bed to wipe down their paws and they hate it lol. I'm like either you get your paws wiped or you get off the bed. Sometimes they are fed up and get off the bed lol.

I have bath wipes AND waterless shampoo. The bath wipes are for during the week and when they get in bed and the waterless shampoo is once a week rub down.

I bought clippers to clip their claws and keep it short similar to what gets done at the vet but I need to buy some of the like claw pad things so if I accidentally nick them too long I can stop the bleeding quickly. My fancy claw clipper has a mini light on it too.

We've had the cat for less than a month, so some of this is subject to change.

As of right now we do let her come on the bed and sleep there if she wants, she usually likes the foot of the bed or between the mister's legs. I'm kind of glad she seems to prefer him to me, he sleeps like a rock even with her on his side of the bed, whereas I'm not sure I could get as good of sleep if she was all over me like that.

Paw wipes are a good idea! I am currently dealing with having to clean the wood floor more often and more intensely because she sometimes gets kitty litter or dust on her paws, so that would definitely help.

I haven't bathed her yet. Growing up that was a once in a while thing since cats are pretty good at keeping themselves clean. My mom (her previous owner) didn't ask that we do so, but we can look into it.

My mom also gave me a really effective claw clipper, so yeah I clip her claws. Having to do so marks the first time in 15 months that I've worn pants, as I change into sweat clothes to avoid her claws ripping my dresses. She absolutely hates being picked up, and she has scratched me and made me bleed. Fun stuff!

But she's a quirky little goofball and I enjoy having her around. I spend so much time in the house by myself that it's nice to have some company. 

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

He doesn't like having his claws clipped but he will tolerate one or two at a time.

He sleeps in my bed in the cooler weather. I don't wash his paws because I can't be bothered.

I don't bathe or shampoo him. He wouldn't like that.

Only God knows.

Yeah I have hard wood floors as well and I just mop up more often. You might want to get one of those mats to put under the litter box it kind of catches excess litter. I got two of those mats super cheap from Temu but I'm sure they are cheap other places as well.

Interesting thread  ;D

Do you prefer night time showers or morning showers? Also do you just end up showering twice a day? Do your showering habits change based on the season?

I take both morning and nighttime showers – but the nighttime showers are faster.  I don't usually wash my hair at night, but always wash my hair in the morning.  And I'm constantly alternating shampoos (right now it's Vanicream, Tea Tree Lemon Sage and Pantene silicone-free.  My hair is a bit fine so I'm always trying to volumize, lol.)  I adjust during summertime by washing my hair more often at night if it's been an especially hot, sticky day. 

What do you use in the shower to soap up with? Wash cloth? Loofah? Bare hand and bar of soap?

Here's where it gets more complicated. :D  I use a super-soft makeup-removing wash cloth in the shower to wash my face and then remove my mascara with it.  Then I use a regular, rougher wash cloth to wash my body.  Finally, I use a sea sponge to rinse it all off.  See what I mean about *alternating* lol?

Do you prefer bar soaps or body wash and preferably why?

Here we go again.  I use bar soap (Dial gold) and also Dr. Bronner's liquid castile almond soap.  I use the Dial bar soap mostly for the *private areas* (as my mother would say) because it's antibacterial and just feels cleaner to me.  I use the Dr. Bronner's liquid for the rest of my body including legs and feet.  When I shave my legs and underarms, I also use the Dr. Bronner's for that. 

Do you actually wash your legs or just let the soap suds flow down your legs not ever touching them? How frequently do you shower/wash your hair?

See above.  I usually wash my legs and feet with a regular wash cloth; but during the nighttime shower am not as thorough and sometimes just let the soap flow down if I'm too tired to bother.   Always wash hair in the morning shower, but occasionally if I'm running late I'll skip it and use dry shampoo that day.  Dove makes a great cheap dry shampoo!

For the soap nonces:

This is what your boy uses:

This is the nicest smelling stuff I've used but not for ages:

For those who want something different:

Apparently this is almost painful on your cock and bollocks (probably your tuppance too but I cannot confirm) but I didn't think it was hat bad but it does tingle. You feel ultra fresh after.

Only God knows.

Nivea always smells good somehow

Never tried their cleansers, but I love the smell of Nivea's skin creme.  Always carry the travel size pod of it in my purse.