Why not - started this one over at MB a while back. I've been obsessed with the subject since I was a kid and took out every library book I could find on the subject. Is there a great ape that remains undiscovered in the North American wilderness? Or are all these encounters, witness reports, footprints and videos attributable to hoaxes and pranks?

What say you?

Some encounter videos that I find interesting:

And of course, the most famous of all:

I don't believe in it. I think a lot of people have been faking Bigfoot-videos in the hopes of going viral and becoming part of bigfoot lore. I think many don't understand how extremely elaborate such hoaxes can become.

Also, Bigfoot is very American 🤔 no one cares about it here.

Happiness is a warm manatee

File with the Loch Ness Monster: Fun to imagine it exists but about as likely as the tooth fairy being real.

Only God knows.

#3 Aug 25, 2023, 04:49 AM Last Edit: Aug 25, 2023, 04:56 AM by SGR
Quote from: jimmy jazz on Aug 25, 2023, 12:18 AMFile with the Loch Ness Monster: Fun to imagine it exists but about as likely as the tooth fairy being real.

Well we do know that, unlike the tooth fairy, that something like Bigfoot has been proven to have existed in the past, that being Gigantopithecus:

Who's to say they couldn't have crossed the Bering Land Bridge long ago as humans did and eventually spread across the continent?

Quote from: Guybrush on Aug 24, 2023, 11:56 PMAlso, Bigfoot is very American 🤔 no one cares about it here.

As an American, Bigfoot's existence (or lack thereof) is one of my three primary occupations.

That being said, Bigfoot and/or stories of large hairy "wildmen" span the world and are not restricted to just America. They just have different names for it.

Almasty in the Caucasus, Yeti in the Himalayas, Yowie in Australia, etc

I haven't seen the whole video, but it looks a bit like someone replaced the eyes, nose and mouth of a gorilla with those of a human and then kinda made it blend.

Just being a boring skeptic, I think it's safe to say there are probably people in the world right now working to create convincing Bigfoot hoaxes and as long as we're looking at photos or even videos, the fact they can be manufactured is a huge problem to any serious research into that kind of evidence.

A dead body / skeleton to be studied by biologists would be 👌

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 03, 2024, 08:53 AMI haven't seen the whole video, but it looks a bit like someone replaced the eyes, nose and mouth of a gorilla with those of a human and then kinda made it blend.

Just being a boring skeptic, I think it's safe to say there are probably people in the world right now working to create convincing Bigfoot hoaxes and as long as we're looking at photos or even videos, the fact they can be manufactured is a huge problem to any serious research into that kind of evidence.

A dead body / skeleton to be studied by biologists would be 👌

Agreed with the bold. That's the holy grail.

The guy in the video does give reasons why he doesn't believe it's AI or a manipulated image, but healthy skepticism is always a good thing. I'm rather obsessed with bigfoot, so I'm probably not the most neutral observer.  :laughing:

Speaking of the 'Big Guy', did anyone see this ad Dean Phillips ran mocking Biden's lack of presence in New Hampshire during the primary season? Pretty hilarious (even if it was a rehash of an ad he did for his congressional campaign).

An interesting case, even if Sasquatch wasn't involved.

You know who's really into Bigfoot recently?

Me.

Quote from: SGR on Apr 06, 2024, 11:54 PM

An interesting case, even if Sasquatch wasn't involved.

Oh is this from Missing Enigma?! I love his channel!

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Apr 07, 2024, 01:38 AMYou know who's really into Bigfoot recently?

Me.

Okay, I get it. Jwb has really big, hairy feet so you call him Bigfoot, right?

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Apr 07, 2024, 01:38 AMYou know who's really into Bigfoot recently?

Me.

I've been obsessed with Bigfoot since my father showed me the Patterson-Gimlin film and Harry & The Hendersons when I was a kid.  :laughing:

Is there any particular reason you've been into the subject recently?

Quote from: degrassi.knoll on Apr 07, 2024, 01:52 AMOh is this from Missing Enigma?! I love his channel!

Yup, same! I like him much better than most Youtubers who do videos on stories of unexplained deaths and disappearances (another pet obsession of mine) because of how thorough he is in his research. You can tell he's doing the videos because he's passionate about the topic, rather than because he's trying to get views.

Another interesting one I forgot to post.

There's several analysis videos on Youtube in favor of this possibly being real (because you can see the alleged squatch's eyes/face wince when the light hits it, i.e. probably not a mask, and would be hard to fake that)