Quote from: ribbons on Oct 20, 2023, 05:00 PMThis is a really fun thread, Lisna – thank you!  As a massive Bert Jansch fan, I'm chuffed to see you post a tune from Pentangle's Basket of Light.
"I'm chuffed" LOL. I bet there aren't many people in New York who say that!
It is of course the number of people contributing that makes it fun, ribbons - and you are clearly on a roll !!
Especially impressive is this two-for-one in animal mentions:

Quote from: ribbons on Oct 21, 2023, 07:19 PMIan Brown - Dolphins Were Monkeys

The best I can do for a two-for-one mention: Hot RATS - It Must Be A CAMEL:-

What you desire is of lesser value than what you have found.

^ :laughing: :laughing:  Yes, I'm CHUFFED to completely lose control and hog this thread, Lisna - and am obviously tailoring my language to you in the process!

And a good two-fer by you on Hot RATS /  It Must Be a CAMEL - well done!  8)

Guess I'll dedicate myself to thinking of more two-fer songs now - and cluttering your thread even further.  :devil: 

^ Thanks, ribbons  :love:  Finding two-fer songs is a bit of a challenge, so I think "I'll leave that honour to you".

Among the many songs now posted, Mrs. Waffles's struck me as being a distinctive and fun song:-

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 20, 2023, 05:46 PM
100 Gecs - Stupid Horse

Here's an altogether more sedate song: Ewan MacColl relating the rights of passage for a cabin boy on a fishing boat: 

"There was little kindness and the kicks were many
As we hunted for the shoals of herring."

Quote from: Lucem Ferre on Oct 20, 2023, 10:41 PM

^ This one was a puzzle for me, Lucem, until I started to work out some of the lyrics, and realized that this is probably the winner so far in terms of number of species mentioned: fishes, jellyfish, shrimp, shark, seahorse... and I'm sure I'm missing some. Nice track :thumb:

You reminded me of another song celebrating crustaceans:-

Speaking of crustaceans, you get both them and birds with this song.
Kero Kero Bonito - Flamingo

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Nice crustacean picks, Lisna and Mrs. Waffles - and Mrs. Waffles, that's a very cute two-fer song! 

I was going to post this earlier in the thread, but decided not to because I don't like the song much (although I do like some of Dr. Dog's songs).  Are we supposed to be posting only songs we like?  Ah well, for the record, I'm not overly fond of this, but animalistically it's a quadruple. :P  I doubt I'll be able to think of other multiples.   ;)

Dr. Dog - The Rabbit, The Bat, and The Reindeer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2WWPrXr32s

Igorrr - My Chickens Symphony

^ I like Igorrr, I like chickens, and I love that video!   :D

Fleetwood Mac - Dragonfly

Paul McCartney & Wings - Little Lamb Dragonfly
(about a lamb named Dragonfly; so a bit of a two-fer)

The Struggle of the Turtle to the Sea, Pt. III

More like, the struggle of Saulaac to keep up with the guitar solos. (What's more, I'm on air guitar so I don't have any excuse).

Quote from: Saulaac on Oct 28, 2023, 10:36 PMMore like, the struggle of Saulaac to keep up with the guitar solos. (What's more, I'm on air guitar so I don't have any excuse).

:laughing:

I don't suppose you're wearing a comfortable sweater playing a thing like that. 

Had it been cooler I would probably have gone for the David Sandborn look. Blazer and turtleneck sweater  ;D

Quote from: Saulaac on Oct 29, 2023, 01:08 AMHad it been cooler I would probably have gone for the David Sandborn look. Blazer and turtleneck sweater  ;D

Don't forget your scarf too.  ;D

Caribou - Odessa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq_tDOFU5tY

Oh wow! Did you take that photo, ribbons? Did you meet him??  8)