This one just flew into my mind.  𓅪

Bill Callahan - Too Many Birds

^ That's a beautiful, off-beat song, ribbons, by a guy I've never heard of, so I'll definitely be looking at more of his material. Thanks ! :)
(Very restrained of you not to mention Paul McC's Blackbird, even though Bill Callahan was dropping some heavy reminders for you in his own song.  ;) )

A couple of other bird songs: one well-known and the other one a bit of a stretch as the bird reference isn't in the title, it's buried in the French  lyrics:-

Lyrics in French, plus English translation: https://www.jiosaavn.com/lyrics/din-din-lyrics/NxwifhpYRlc

Quote from: ribbons on Oct 19, 2023, 05:48 PMJust a few monkeys to add to the barrel here. 🐒

^ :laughing: Three excellent on-topic choices !

Before we move on entirely from the topic of snakes, though, here's a song made famous by The Lizard King himself, Jim Morrison, who clearly self-identified with animals of a cold-blooded and scaley nature:

To get lost is to learn the way.

Prince and the Revolution - When Doves Cry

This talk of birds reminded me of the song Kingfisher by Joanna Newsom. I like.

Happiness is a warm manatee

#19 Oct 20, 2023, 05:00 PM Last Edit: Oct 20, 2023, 05:17 PM by ribbons Reason: fixed links
Quote from: Lisnaholic on Oct 20, 2023, 01:06 AM(Very restrained of you not to mention Paul McC's Blackbird, even though Bill Callahan was dropping some heavy reminders for you in his own song.  ;) )

Don't think I wasn't tempted.  :devil:  This is a really fun thread, Lisna – thank you!  As a massive Bert Jansch fan, I'm chuffed to see you post a tune from Pentangle's Basket of Light.

A couple of tracks about my favorite aquatic mammal:

Tim Buckley – Dolphins

The Byrds – Dolphin's Smile
(and a horse on the album cover for good measure)

And now for Something Completely Different 8)

Public Image Limited – Swan Lake

Bert Jansch - The Black Swan

Following on Tore's bird selection, this came to mind:

Donovan - Three King Fishers  [sic ;)]

100 Gecs - Stupid Horse

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Brian Eno - Needles In The Camel's Eye

The Kinks - Animal Farm

Absolutely love this song and never get tired of it. 

The Shins - Red Rabbits

Faith No More - War Pigs

Primus - Winonas Big Brown Beaver

Ian Brown - Dolphins Were Monkeys

Can - Sing Swan Song   ₊˚ 🦢・₊ ⊹

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VmM8qRRLwU