Octopath traveler 1 and 2 just hit game pass and I am so fucking excited. OT 1 is easily one of my favorite games I played on the switch and never got to finish it and have been itching to play it and the sequel for quite some time. Super excited I get to do that now.

Quote from: Key on Jun 07, 2024, 02:48 AMOctopath traveler 1 and 2 just hit game pass and I am so fucking excited. OT 1 is easily one of my favorite games I played on the switch and never got to finish it and have been itching to play it and the sequel for quite some time. Super excited I get to do that now.

Yes, I did notice.. I haven't tried Octopath traveler, but they seem interesting. However, I have to get started on Jedi Survivor first 🙂

I hear XBOX has kinda lost the console war to PlayStation, but game pass is just perfect for me.

Also, Hellblade 2 on game pass was quite an experience. Completed it a while ago and it definitely feels like next gen gaming.

Happiness is a warm manatee

I played the demo for Octopath 1 and loved it but never got the game. I didn't have time to log so many hours into a new rpg.

I was this cool the whole time.

It is a very long RPG as it has 8 different character storylines to play through as you go through but it is absolutely a good time. I've done the first chapter of 5 of the 8 and have clocked around 10 hours or so. They say it can take anywhere from 80 to 100 hours to get through it all so I'm in for the long haul. Gonna play a bunch this weekend

I too prefer the sort of games I can quickly get in and out of and still feel like I've accomplished something.

Some roguelites are very good in this respect 🙂

I really miss Roguebook. It was free on Stadia, I believe.. or maybe I bought it there 🤔 I've already 100%ed it so don't wanna buy it full price all over again. Come to gamepass!

Quote from: Guybrush on Jun 08, 2024, 07:16 PMI too prefer the sort of games I can quickly get in and out of and still feel like I've accomplished something.

I feel this way more and more as I grow older. I used to absolutely love the deep RPG games where I could spend 80 hours before I completed it. Nowadays, when I play them, I find myself losing patience with all the dialogue and exposition and just want to fucking get on with the game. i.e. Enough bullshit, bring me to the gameplay.

I have actually been playing Bug Fables recently, which is like a Paper Mario clone, or at least Paper Mario inspired. Lots of fun. And the story plays a small enough role and the dialogue is so little that I can enjoy it.  :)

My brother is a bigger RPG fan than me and has tried to get me into Octopath Traveler, but I haven't ventured into it yet

I am still enjoying Octopath but decided to dive into Overwatch 2 since I never played Overwatch before and really loving it. I'm a longtime TF2 player and this scratches the exact itch I was looking for

Quote from: Key on Jun 11, 2024, 06:17 AMI am still enjoying Octopath but decided to dive into Overwatch 2 since I never played Overwatch before and really loving it. I'm a longtime TF2 player and this scratches the exact itch I was looking for

Damn, wish I had a convenient way to play TF2 now - it's been a long time

Many hours spent in TF2 my dude but I'm the same boat. Don't have a PC anymore but OW is on console so I've been playing on Xbox. So many good memories of TF2 tho and OW does enough things right in the vein that it feels good to play and is chaotic much like TF2 but man I do miss running around as a scout with my scattergun.

I played a lot of Half-Life 2 deathmatch. Something about the pace and simplicity of it just appealed to me.

Fortnite is my go to when I wanna get a few matches in but can't game for too long.

Any Marvel Snap enjoyers? Been my main game since the beta. It's absurdly addicting.

No. I looked at it but I was still entrenched in Hearthstone so didn't get into Snap.

I've just started on Jedi Survivor. I'm not super eager, but it's fun. I just got to the first planet you travel to after the intro mission.

Woah, the Elden Ring DLC is dropping this Friday? I know what I'm gonna be playing... :laughing: