Jul 11, 2023, 10:36 AM Last Edit: Jul 13, 2023, 02:49 PM by Guybrush
I just wanted a place to keep track of artists that I haven't listened to in years but going through their entire discography. The fun thing about this is getting to hear new to me albums that maybe I skipped over or finding out ones that were released in the last three years or so that I didn't know about.

I have done Lupe Fiasco so far and I'm currently working on Linkin Park. I'm on their least favorite album from them the fourth one, A Thousand Suns.

The album has some fun songs but it is so far and few between. As a complete project it just doesn't work for me.

I will probably do Green Day next and then Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Green Day's Dookie is the first cassette I ever bought with my own money.

One of RHCP album's is the first cassette I ever owned. I don't remember the album title but will look it up.

Oops I just realized this isn't the Member Journals section. Can I request it be moved to the right sub forum?

I was this cool the whole time.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

A Thousand Suns isn't amazing, but I like it a lot more than One More Light at least. Not a good note for them to go out on IMO.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jul 11, 2023, 11:22 AMLooking forward to reading your thoughts!

A Thousand Suns isn't amazing, but I like it a lot more than One More Light at least. Not a good note for them to go out on IMO.

I will be honest I have never listened to One More Light outside of the single they pushed for it.

@Guybrush
Can you move this thread to member journals for me? Please.

After dredging through the fourth album. I completely forgot to listen to Reanimation. So I went back for a pallet cleanser. I listen to that and Collision Course. I also listened to Fort Minor as well. Now I just started Living Things. I thought Hunting Party was next but completely forgot about Living Things.

Okay so I finished up Linkin Park's discography. Well I forgot about Recharged so one more but for the most part I tackled all seven albums and the other remix album and collision course with Jay Z.

One More Light wasn't as bad as I thought heading into it. People crap on it and I can see why it is a more poppy feel but it felt cathartic to listen to. It is a great swan song for Chester imo. Listening to it tugged at my heart strings a bit.

Next up after I listen to Recharged. I'm going to dive into Green Day since they are the band that I first spent my own hard earned money on to acquire their debut album.

So far I have listened to:
Lupe Fiasco
Linkin Park

Artists that are coming up next:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Limp Bizkit
Black Eyed Peas
Coheed and Cambria
Arctic Monkeys
Busta Rhymes
Eminem
Soundgarden
Lacuna Coil
Breaking Benjamin
Trapt
Hoobastank
A-Trak
Kanye West

Quote from: DJChameleon on Jul 14, 2023, 01:22 PMOkay so I finished up Linkin Park's discography. Well I forgot about Recharged so one more but for the most part I tackled all seven albums and the other remix album and collision course with Jay Z.

One More Light wasn't as bad as I thought heading into it. People crap on it and I can see why it is a more poppy feel but it felt cathartic to listen to. It is a great swan song for Chester imo. Listening to it tugged at my heart strings a bit.

Next up after I listen to Recharged. I'm going to dive into Green Day since they are the band that I first spent my own hard earned money on to acquire their debut album.

So far I have listened to:
Lupe Fiasco
Linkin Park

Artists that are coming up next:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Limp Bizkit
Black Eyed Peas
Coheed and Cambria
Arctic Monkeys
Busta Rhymes
Eminem
Soundgarden
Lacuna Coil
Breaking Benjamin
Trapt
Hoobastank
A-Trak
Kanye West

Recharged is one of my favorites. One more light was their worst album I thought.

https://twitter.com/shhon_
April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence

Quote from: Mindy on Jul 15, 2023, 05:29 PMRecharged is one of my favorites. One more light was their worst album I thought.

No way but that's your opinion and you are entitled to it but A Thousand Suns is way worse to me.

I feel like such a fake Green Day fan. I had no idea that Dookie was their third album not first. Currently listening to 39/smooth.

Interested to hear your thoughts on some of these discographies. Green Day's best album to me is Insomniac. Busta Rhymes' first three albums (especially his first) are straight up classics. The "Heads Will Roll" remix is the only thing I really know from A-Trak (I've probably heard other material that I'm not aware of), but that remix is a straight up banger:

Quote from: SGR on Jul 17, 2023, 09:57 PMInterested to hear your thoughts on some of these discographies. Green Day's best album to me is Insomniac. Busta Rhymes' first three albums (especially his first) are straight up classics. The "Heads Will Roll" remix is the only thing I really know from A-Trak (I've probably heard other material that I'm not aware of), but that remix is a straight up banger:

I'm going to double back and also discuss my thoughts on Lupe since he was the first artist I did and gave me inspiration for this journal.

My favorite A Trak production is probably this song.

I'm currently making my way through Green Day's discography.

I spent most of my listening time going through their second album but something about it seemed off. I don't know if it was comprised of demos or whatever, but it was taking a super long time to finish up. This is the first album that I've kind of bailed on while doing this whole member berries thing.

I went straight to their third album Dookie, and it felt so good to hear those songs and they brought back different memories from when I used to listen to this album on my cassette player in my room with the cheapest of headphones. I basically treated this album like a sing a long and sung all of the lyrics because I still remembered them vividly.

I'm in the middle of Insomniac right now and as I looked over the track list. I'm like wtf I don't know any of these songs but that's not true. Brain Stew and Walking Contradiction were my faves from that album, and I DID know them.

Nimrod is the next one that I'm going to tackle. I will most likely listen to it today on my 20-minute morning walk.

I was a huge Green Day fan in my youth for sure. I saw them in 2005 on the American Idiot tour (with My Chemical Romance opening), and I still think most of their 90s and 2000s stuff is solid even though I don't listen to them much these days.

Dookie is a straight up classic, like you I can sing along with every song no matter how long it's been since I listened to it. Insomniac is maybe not as classic as Dookie but lots of gems on there; Armatage Shanks, Geek Stink Breath, 86, Panic Song being some of my personal highlights in addition to the two you mentioned.

I like Nimrod a lot too, that's kinda where they start to deviate from the straight pop punk and start getting more creative with the instrumentation.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Went to a Green Day concert also in 2013 though, it was awesome!

April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet

Quote from: Mindy on Aug 08, 2023, 02:17 AMWent to a Green Day concert also in 2013 though, it was awesome!

I got into concerts late in life but I would love to see them live.

#14 Aug 09, 2023, 05:16 AM Last Edit: Aug 09, 2023, 06:56 AM by Mindy
Quote from: DJChameleon on Aug 09, 2023, 03:30 AMI got into concerts late in life but I would love to see them live.
It was wild!

I saw Nelly & the St.Lunatics when I was 13 way back too  :laughing:

April 25th, 2024

Big fan of the Internet