Sea of Thieves

Ahoy there me mateys,

Does anyone else play Sea of Thieves? If you don't even know what it is, I'll give a quick summary: it's an open world pirate game which consists of a lot of sea dotted with islands and you do typical pirate stuff together, like digging for treasures, looking for sunken vessels, fishing, fighting monsters and collecting bounties from the various undead skeletons that litter the game world. It's a PVP game so anyone can sink you and steal your shit, although this doesn't happen quite that often as there's now a PVP matchmaking system so that people looking for that kind of action can find it in ways that don't involve harassing other players.

At launch in 2018, there were some lackluster reviews due to the gameworld feeling empty in terms of things to do. But they release about two seasons a year with considerable content updates so now that we're in season 8, there's quite a lot of content to sink one's teeth into.

I've played it on my own and with my 6 year old and once, I think, with old friends who also got the game. It's a lot of fun. I got my ships - me sloop The Leah Remini, my brigantine The Reah Perlman and me galleon The Bonnie Tyler.

Anyone else here play? Maybe we could even round up a small crew and brave the waves together!

Happiness is a warm manatee

They just released a Monkey Island update where you can explore Melee Island etc. in first person.

Seems a little weird to get MI stuff without the input of Ron Gilbert etc. but it looks like they got some things right too. Sometimes, for a straight tribute, fans can do a very good job so I'm hopeful.

As a huge MI-fan, I'll be diving back in as soon as we're home from the cabin.

I'll bring my daughter along as I miss our time gaming SoT together 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee