Apr 12, 2024, 12:27 AM Last Edit: Apr 12, 2024, 06:03 PM by Guybrush
[DISCLAIMER: This topic was created by a curator or admin who split it from its parent topic]

Does anyone like The B-52's?

"I am the son
And the heir
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar"

Yeah of course, they're delightful

Quote from: Marie Monday on Apr 12, 2024, 01:09 AMYeah of course, they're delightful

I'm glad you like them, they have some hits but are pretty underrated. I like 52 Girls off of "The B-52's" album.

"I am the son
And the heir

Quote from: steezy405 on Apr 12, 2024, 12:27 AMDoes anyone like The B-52's?

Yes, I love them.

This is what you want. This is what you get.

I like some of their songs. The ones that played on the radio. I never dug farther into them than that.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: Hope on Apr 12, 2024, 04:07 PMI like some of their songs. The ones that played on the radio. I never dug farther into them than that.

Their first two albums are great from start to finish.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 12, 2024, 04:09 PMTheir first two albums are great from start to finish.

Fantastic. I'll get right on that.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 12, 2024, 03:36 PMYes, I love them.

That's cool, what's your favorite song?

"I am the son
And the heir

Quote from: steezy405 on Apr 12, 2024, 06:00 PMThat's cool, what's your favorite song?

I think "Roam" is probably my favorite song by them, but overall I don't think that era was a good as their early years before Ricky Wilson's death.

He was
Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 12, 2024, 06:22 PMI think "Roam" is probably my favorite song by them, but overall I don't think that era was a good as their early years before Ricky Wilson's death.

Roam is one of my favorite's as well. Ricky Wilson was a good guitarist, he died pretty young though.

"I am the son
And the heir

Quote from: steezy405 on Apr 12, 2024, 06:33 PMHe was
Roam is one of my favorite's as well. Ricky Wilson was a good guitarist, he died pretty young though.

Initially, I think he was pretty much the one responsible for the instrumental aspects of their sound.

Quote from: Janszoon on Apr 12, 2024, 06:36 PMInitially, I think he was pretty much the one responsible for the instrumental aspects of their sound.

Yeah for the most part and he was one of the writers for one of their most popular songs "Rock Lobster".

"I am the son
And the heir

Roam is a killer pop song yeah. That was still being played a lot on the radio here back in the mid 90s so it's very nostalgic for me.

But yeah their early retro b-movie style punkish stuff is their best era. I feel like Fred Schneider's wacky vocals felt like they fit in more with that style than the later slicker stuff.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Apr 12, 2024, 06:58 PMRoam is a killer pop song yeah. That was still being played a lot on the radio here back in the mid 90s so it's very nostalgic for me.

But yeah their early retro b-movie style punkish stuff is their best era. I feel like Fred Schneider's wacky vocals felt like they fit in more with that style than the later slicker stuff.

I agree with that, I couldn't relate to it being nostalgic for me being born in the 2000's but it's nostalgic sounding  :coldsweat:

"I am the son
And the heir

I bought their first two albums and their first (and only) EP when they were released back in the late 70's and early 80's. Still have them in my collection and have lost count of how many times I've listened to them. I also went to see them play live during their 1982 tour and still have a tour shirt that I bought at the show.

Never cared much for their music beyond those first couple of albums, though.