#135 Mar 12, 2024, 09:13 PM Last Edit: Mar 12, 2024, 09:17 PM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: SGR on Mar 12, 2024, 08:44 PMDownward Spiral is an all-timer, can't forget about Broken either.

Gosh, how did i not realize I skipped it. I love that one so much too. Wish is a killer single yeah. Suck and Happiness in Slavery are my favorites from that EP. I didn't know Suck was a Pigface cover for a long time.

Edit: Actually, funny story about that since I don't think I've mentioned this before, but Martin Atkins taught at the college I went to and I had some classes with him. Rad dude.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Wumpscut is another one of those, for me, random bands/artists from the 90s. This is the only song I remember from them.

Very gothy 🖤

Happiness is a warm manatee

A great one.

Madonna gave me some of my first ever boners with this video. Love the song too.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Lexi Darling on Mar 12, 2024, 09:13 PMGosh, how did i not realize I skipped it. I love that one so much too. Wish is a killer single yeah. Suck and Happiness in Slavery are my favorites from that EP. I didn't know Suck was a Pigface cover for a long time.

I listened to Broken on repeat while I packed my shit for basic training.

"She paints, she reads, she lights things on fire."

Quote from: Guybrush on Mar 13, 2024, 12:05 AMWumpscut is another one of those, for me, random bands/artists from the 90s. This is the only song I remember from them.

Very gothy 🖤

This song is an electro-industrial classic:

I used to love this song as a teenager. Even included it in a fight scene in our high school graduation movie.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Mar 13, 2024, 08:41 PM

A great one.

Madonna gave me some of my first ever boners with this video. Love the song too.

I'm generally not much of a Madonna fan, but this track of hers will forever be killer - easily my favorite Madonna tune.

That "mmmmmmmmMMMMMmmmmmm" just fuckin sends me man.

my fave SP song/video. I would watch it every single time it showed up on MTV.

I was this cool the whole time.

#144 Apr 09, 2024, 03:53 PM Last Edit: Apr 09, 2024, 03:57 PM by SGR
Quote from: DJChameleon on Apr 09, 2024, 02:07 PMmy fave SP song/video. I would watch it every single time it showed up on MTV.

Love that music video. I feel like music videos in the '90s had a more distinctive style and flair to them than music videos these days. I think bands valued them a lot more because those videos might be the primary exposure they'd get to people, besides radio play, so you had to make yourself stand out from whatever else was in the MTV lineup. SP actually had a lot of great music videos too.

Admittedly, I had a big crush on D'arcy (their bass player). It's a shame she got into drugs and went off the deep end. They've done reunion tours with all their original band members except for her. And I know they've tried to get her involved, it just hasn't panned out. A shame.

Oh yeah, MCR definitely was influenced (which they admit to) by SP in a big way:

Duran Duran - Ordinary World