Jun 08, 2023, 10:37 PM Last Edit: Jun 10, 2023, 02:46 AM by jimmy jazz
Get your platform shoes and jelly sandals, your Adidas poppers and your tie dye t shirts on, press pause on Pokemon or Friends and stop doing tricks with your yoyo and post your favourite iconic 90s songs in here!

I am looking for more like songs that remind you or sound like the 90s rather than simply something that was released in the 90s. I would like it to be the ultimate 90s nostalgia thread.

I will start with this lovely song:

Only God knows.

Jelly sandals? I remember those in the 80s but not the 90s. :P

Anyway, here's a song that immediately takes me back to the early 90s, "James Brown is Dead" by L.A. Style:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

Never thought of it at the time but apparently extreme close ups of faces were a trend in the early 90s. Here's another big face and a song I absolutely loved when it came out, "The City Sleeps" by MC 900ft Jesus:

This is what you want. This is what you get.

#3 Jun 08, 2023, 11:08 PM Last Edit: Jun 08, 2023, 11:11 PM by Lexi Darling
Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 08, 2023, 10:59 PMJelly sandals? I remember those in the 80s but not the 90s. :P

Anyway, here's a song that immediately takes me back to the early 90s, "James Brown is Dead" by L.A. Style:

They were still a thing in the 90s. My sister had them and she was born in '92.

And that is indeed a killer track. Still hits hard over 30 years later.

The City Sleeps is also dope. For a long time I thought the artist's name was pronounced "MC 900 feat. Jesus", as if Jesus was a featured artist, haha.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Were a thing until the late 90s here. We may have been very late to the trend though.

Keep all this coming please!

Only God knows.

This isn't exactly representative of the sounds of the 90s, but it does instantly take me back to my childhood. I was probably around 8-9 when it hit the radio here and it was just such a interesting song to my child brain.

Quote from: Janszoon on Jun 08, 2023, 11:07 PMNever thought of it at the time but apparently extreme close ups of faces were a trend in the early 90s. Here's another big face and a song I absolutely loved when it came out, "The City Sleeps" by MC 900ft Jesus:

This is fucking great.

Getting Prodigy vibes.

Maybe a bit less hard than them but I can picture the glowsticks, bucket hats and ecstasy pills right now! Very 90s rave type music.

Only God knows.

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Jun 08, 2023, 11:23 PM

This isn't exactly representative of the sounds of the 90s, but it does instantly take me back to my childhood. I was probably around 8-9 when it hit the radio here and it was just such a interesting song to my child brain.

This plays regularly on the 90s radio station here. I only heard it for the fiest time on that but it definitely sounds like 90s music.

It gets the thumbs up from me. 👍

Only God knows.

This makes me feel happy and warm  :)

Only God knows.

Quote from: jimmy jazz on Jun 08, 2023, 11:56 PMThis plays regularly on the 90s radio station here. I only heard it for the fiest time on that but it definitely sounds like 90s music.

It gets the thumbs up from me. 👍

Funny story, I actually thought of that song in particular because they play it occasionally on my workplace radio, and they did today so it was fresh in my mind, haha.

This is such a great song and video imo. I used to love watching it when it came on the TV. I wanted one of the milk cartons.

Only God knows.

It's still crazy and a damned shame that Blur never caught on over here. They were a great band, kind of had that 60s vibe but with a 90s attitude.

Here's a 90s gem for you all.

I forgot about this song for over 20 years until this year, when I saw a Youtube video talking about it. Absolute blast from that past. You may not recognize it by title, I certainly didn't, but if you were there, you know that riff.

Recognised it straight away (the riff).

Dua Lipa sampled it. I won't post it because this is a thread for the 90s but her song was called Love Again.

Only God knows.

Yeah, strangely I'd definitely heard that Dua Lipa song before this year, I listened to that whole album when it came out, but somehow with all the other orchestration in that song it didn't really register that she sampled it.

It's a cool little incorporation of that riff though, yeah.