Methwitch - Bed Full of Snakes

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 06, 2023, 06:30 PMMethwitch - Bed Full of Snakes

That was pretty cool. Very Slipknot kinda vibes, I dig. That and the band name remind me of the drummer from my old band, who was both a meth head and a big Slipknot fan.

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Quote from: Mrs. Waffles on Oct 06, 2023, 09:27 PMThat was pretty cool. Very Slipknot kinda vibes, I dig. That and the band name remind me of the drummer from my old band, who was both a meth head and a big Slipknot fan.

Yeah Methwitch seems like a slightly more abrasive version of Slipknot.

Ah ya can't beat the classics!

"Aces High" - Iron Maiden

Quote from: Trollheart on Oct 07, 2023, 12:56 AMAh ya can't beat the classics!

"Aces High" - Iron Maiden

Ahhh, here's a man of culture. Magnificent band. I used to admin MFU(MaidenFansUnited) many years ago after the IMBB decided to charge money to post on their official forums. Good times.

Here's one of my personal Maiden favourites for you

My favorite Maiden stuff is their mid-late 80s period. Shocking I know, the synth chick likes the albums where they used synths, haha.

This song has always been a favorite.

Megadeth - Tornado of Souls

I said it before about Maiden, and so, inevitably, I will say it again: I see them with three distinct "phases" - 1980 -1981, D'ianno era, where they were rawer, more punky, yet did write some amazing songs ("Killers", "Drifter", "Iron Maiden", "Phantom of the Opera" and so on) then obviously you have the Dickinson era - 1982 - 1992 when they had the world at their feet. More "commercial Maiden"? Maybe, but can anyone dare doubt the metal credentials of "Number of the Beast", "Flight of Icarus", "Powerslave", "Fear of the Dark" or "Hallowed be thy Name"? Classic Maiden, a time when the band almost single-handedly made metal more accessible and cool. Then Bruce departs and you have the "wilderness years" 1995 - 1999. I personally don't have anything against Blaze Bayley, but the poor quality on those two albums I blame more on the absence of Adrian and the general lack of interest of the rest of the band, Harris included. I hate those albums. Finally Bruce returns as a new millennium dawns and we have the superlative Brave New World, though after that I must admit I'm not that familiar with their output, and none of the following albums ever really grabbed me like those from the classic era. Maiden began to get a little more proggy, the songs a little bloated: the edge is not gone (listen to "Speed of Light" or "Death or Glory"), but can anyone really, hand on metal heart, say we needed an eighteen-minute Maiden song? "Empire of the Clouds?" More like "Empire of the Snores".

I have yet to hear the latest one, but I see it's their second double, and I do wonder if they're stretching themselves too far and too thin now? I mean, eighty minutes? And two tracks that are in double figures? Well, I won't pass judgement yet because as I say, ain't heard it yet and, to be quite honest, in no particular hurry to. But for me, classic Maiden will always be the one I return to. "Live to fly, fly to live, aces somethiiiiinnnnngggg!"

Oh and yeah, I realise that's actually four eras. Hell, maths was never my strong suit.

#24 Oct 12, 2023, 09:01 AM Last Edit: Oct 12, 2023, 11:06 AM by Meatwad
I knew about Ice T's / Body Counts Slayer influence a long time ago, but this song is about the best indication of that.

Body Count - The Hate is Real

Quote from: Meatwad on Oct 12, 2023, 09:01 AMI knew about Ice T's / Body Counts Slayer influence a long time ago, but this song is about the best indication of that.

Body Count - The Hate is Real

Other than the time they actually covered Slayer of course.

Periphery - Blood Eagle

Anthrax - Inside Out

Portrayal of Guilt - The Sixth Circle

"I own the mail" or whatever Elph said

u shud eat like at least two golf ball sized fists of dirt every day RETurn to S  O  I  L!!!1!

It's dawning on me lately how good Panopticon is.