I'm excited. Keaton still has it all these years later. Plus the Danny Elfman soundtrack, the effects, the nods to the cartoon series, this is taking me right back to my Tim Burton loving teen years. I'm not usually one to fall for nostalgia bait, but maybe just this once.  :laughing:

"stressed" is just "desserts" spelled backwards

Yes! I'm very sceptical because I think making a movie after all these years, I worry that it's gonna be more of a fan catering cash grab than something truly great.

But I do love Beetlejuice (and also have fondish memories from the animated series) so of course I hope for the best and will have to see it in any case 🙂

Happiness is a warm manatee

I'm down for Beatlejuice goodness. I don't care if it's good or not just more of that franchise is good.

I was this cool the whole time.

I don't know if it's just me but the trailer for the new Beetlejuice feels a little off. I hope I'm wrong as I want the movie to be good but the trailer just feels weird or forced. Could just be me.

Quote from: Key on May 24, 2024, 10:53 PMI don't know if it's just me but the trailer for the new Beetlejuice feels a little off. I hope I'm wrong as I want the movie to be good but the trailer just feels weird or forced. Could just be me.

Nah, I felt it 😄 hard to put my finger on it. Maybe it's Lydia Deetz wearing the exact same clothes at age 50+ or just an uncanny valley effect?

Happiness is a warm manatee

Could be. Also her dialogue with her daughter was cringe fest at best: "don't say his name 3 times or he'll come back" and then the daughter does it anyway. I'm very 50/50 on it atm.